Chapter 37

I can say that the guests can be non-other than my father's friends who might have come for the deals of weapons, exporting people or hiring more guards for his mafia agencies. But why did he called me?

Anyway, as I reach the living room I hold the knob and twist open it, walking into the room confidently. They are six in number, including my father and Adonis. Sitting on the couch. Two male servants serve them tea as I stand in front of them, keeping my facial expressions severe.

"My dear fellows, meet my son Ares" My father introduces me to his friends. "The future leader of the European Mafia" Alfred grins. Why the fuck is he even here? I swear if he again attempted to bring up the subject of the marriage I'll fucking kill him.

They all shake their hands with me one by one. They act pleasant to me however I don't let the rigidness fade away from my face. Honestly, I have never been friendly to any of my father's friends. They are all likewise when it comes to personality. Now because I'm the next leader of the European mafia they will show some friendly demeanour in order to grow acquaintance with me, which is useless because I don't give a shit about them anyway neither I'll in the future.

And I don't even think I'll become the leader because now I have Leah. I have to think about her also. She doesn't like violence, murder or any kind of bad stuff that lead to a person's death. And that's what the mafia revolves around. They treat people like puppets and make them dance at their fingertips. Killing innocent people is their daily routine which they can't skip. Helping, loyalty and kindness are not mentioned in the dictionary of a mafia. Mafia is all about "Kill or get killed".

"How old are you?" One of my father's friends asks.

"Nineteen" I tell him.

"Alfred you told me that you are getting your son trained to make him a perfect leader but he is too young. You should have let him have fun till the age of twenty-five" He says as he takes a sip of his tea.

"Oh, he is not like other boys who will go around and party in the clubs and have drinks" My father chuckles.

"Very well then".

They all laugh together but I look away.

"May I know why you called me here?" I ask finally.

"Oh yes, come and sit here" My father points at the couch next to him. I sigh as I take my place.

Before he could start he takes out a packet of cigars from his pocket. He takes out one and then offers me too. Without any hesitation, I take one for myself and light it with the lighter my father lends me.

"As you know that within three months it's Micheal and Navy's wedding" My father announces to me.

I choke on the smoke of my cigarette. When the fuck this happen? Bullshit. And he is freaking eighteen.

"Don't you think he's too young for this?" I say. "That's what he wanted. To get married to the love of his life" My Father says pressing his lips against his cigar.

"That's an absurdity" I utter to myself.

Well, at least it's not mine with Clair otherwise I would have lost my mind. But to my surprise, Adonis didn't utter a word regarding the marriage. Seems suspicious to me because I know he is pressurising my father about that but I won't let that happen.

"Besides, you're going to my mafia agency tomorrow in order to attend a meeting since I have some other work to do. Is that clear?" My Father asks sternly.

"Yes, Father" I mutter as I gaze at the floor.

"You can go now" My father says.

I get up from my place and leave the room while they continue to talk about other stuff. As I close the door of the room and turn around my mother pops up. I don't know where to start with.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask frustratingly. She frowns confusingly, not able to comprehend what I'm talking about. "Micheal and Navy's wedding" I tell her. "Oh honey, your father planned that all of a sudden. You already know how much he adores your brother" She mutters.

"And when was this all planned?" I question again.

"Yesterday night" She tells me.

"Alright but please make sure that he doesn't bring up mine and Clair's topic again" I say, my tone soft. "I'll try" My mother says.

Fine, I'm taking that as a no.

She steps aside and I leave from there approaching the exit door of the house and standing at the stairs.

I can bet that it's going to be my turn after Micheal. But before that, I'm thinking to convince my father to make Micheal the next mafia leader and not me. I want to stay away from these things. I know I can handle being a leader very well despite I don't want this powerful position because it's only gonna bring more and more misery in my life. So it's better for me to go away and take Leah with me and live a delighted life. But because of my asshole Father, it isn't feasible. Not in a million years.

Tossing my cigar away I'm about to go back inside when I notice three men approaching who look exotic and distrustful to me. I descend the stairs and stand in front of them, blocking their way. They all stare at me confusingly.

"Step aside kid" One of the men says in a serious tone. Good to hear that they don't know who I really am.

"I'll only if you guys tell me who you are and how did you come inside?" I ask in a friendly way. "Tell us about yourself first because we are not permitted to disclose our identity in front of an unknown person" The other man says. I shake my head slightly. "I...I'm the personal assistant of Mr Elsher you might know him right?" I lie intentionally.

All three men stare at me doubtfully as if they don't believe me. "You guys can trust me" I assure them. "How old are you?" One of the men asks. "Twenty-three" I lie again.

"We can use him" One of the men whispers to the other and he seems to agree with him. "After all he is a kid" The other man smirks evilly.

And soon will be their worst nightmare.

"We came here to take that girl with red hair" The man says causing me to glare at him but I manage a smile. "Her Father sent us here" He says. Now I understand how they get in here.

"But he also told us to stay aware of his boyfriend...Ares is his name so make sure not to let him know we are here" He says confidently.

I chuckle as I look around and then look back at them.

"You just did let him know" I mutter as I smirk slightly.

They look bemused but as soon as the realization hits their mind, they freeze. Their eyes widen with fear.