Chapter 2

A knock on my room's door awakens me, and I didn't change my clothes last night. This shows how exhausted I was last night and didn't even remember to change them. Anyway, I stand up on my feet and stride towards the door. And it was then that I regret to open the door. Guess who? Clair. Blonde hair tied in a pony tale, lips covered with pink lipstick, blue eyes.

"Hi, handsome!" She says with a broad smile on her face. "What are you doing here?" I raise my eyebrows as I stare at her white shirt and black jeans outfit. And god, her perfume is so strong that I might barf. I take a few steps back. "Well, you know next week, a ball is supposed to be held" She says, leaning to the door frame. I pause for a while and then finally ask. "What are you talking about?" Narrowing my brows.

She lifts her hand to her chest in shock, she's overacting, and it's pretty standard. "You don't know? Your dad has arranged it" Her eyes enlarge. Great! And he didn't even bother to tell me about this. Not only him, no one bothered to inform me. Bullshit. But I reacted like I knew, which is not valid.

I stretch my arms and approach the terrace. As I watch out, my eyes fall on that red-headed girl. She is with my mom. I assume my mom is holding a dress and giving it to her. They chat for a few seconds, and then my mom walks away while that girl stands still, staring at the dress, which is dark blue. She looks so calm and innocent. After seeing her, I wonder how it feels to live an everyday life like her. Do whatever you want to do, with no constraints.

I want that life. I don't enjoy this life. The one I'm now living, the energy which often leads me to distress, detesting people for no reason, and much more. Perhaps that's the reason why my father hates me. He doesn't want good in me. He wants me to remain imperfect. He does the exact opposite of what I want to do. I don't want to be the mafia leader. That's not my cup of tea. And he knows it; that's why he compelled me to be. I don't want to kill people. When I was nine, he made me kill five people for no reason.

And what's worse? Once I defied him to do something due to fear, he used to take me to his private hut and then.......bet me violently until I finally gave up and obeyed his orders.

"Where are you lost?" Clair pops up, distracting me from my thoughts. I glance at her and shake my head. Looking down from my terrace, the girl I was staring at had disappeared. I walk back into my room, approaching the bathroom. I take off my clothes and turn on the shower. Water starts to spray over my body.

One thing I noticed about that girl is that she didn't seem happy, as if she was a victim like me. Is her life miserable as mine? I don't know. However, I can show some sympathy to her if what I think about her is true. Sympathy? Wait, no, no, no, no. I'm a cold-hearted person.

What if I'm but not for her?

God!!! What's wrong with me? I'm overthinking about a girl who's a maid's daughter. And what if my thoughts about her are wrong?

Maybe I'm right too. Okay, stop it! Please stop it. Don't overthink.

_______________________________

As I walk out of the bathroom, the very first thing that grabs my attention is Clair. She is still in my room, lying on my bed and scrolling through her phone. What the hell, man! She glances at me, and her eyes widen.

"Oh my, you're looking hot" She smirks. Shit! I didn't realize I was naked except for my waist, which was covered with a towel. I scoff and walk towards my cupboard. I go through my clothes and take out a black shirt, a black leather jacket, and blue jeans. Before I pull the towel, I glance at Clair, who is staring at me.

"Can you go out?" I say, pointing my finger at the door. An unimpressed look plasters on her face, and she rolls her eyes. She sighs and gets off my bed, approaching the door. As she moves out, I let out a sigh. At least she isn't in my room anymore.