Chapter 46

Leah's POV :

In the darkness of the basement, time seemed to lose all meaning. Each day dragged on, feeling like an eternity as if life itself had abandoned me. My world had become a desolate void, a suffocating abyss that swallowed me whole. Locked away from the world, I felt like a prisoner in my own existence. The weight of my abuser's cruelty pressed down on me, crushing my spirit and stealing away any glimmer of hope. Days blurred into one another, and the outside world felt like a distant memory, a place I could no longer reach.

Every hour that passed felt like a relentless march towards nowhere. My pleas for mercy fell on deaf ears, and I felt abandoned as if I had been forgotten by the world beyond those cold, unforgiving walls. The isolation was suffocating, drowning me in a sea of despair. The darkness mirrored the emptiness within me. I had lost myself, my identity stripped away by the constant torment and abuse. My dreams, once filled with aspirations and hope, now seemed like distant echoes, haunting reminders of the life I once had.

I likened my existence to a grave, a place where life ceased to flourish, where dreams turned to dust, and where the spark of vitality had been extinguished. The basement was my tomb, and each day I spent confined within its walls felt like a slow descent into nothingness. But just when I thought all was lost, a ray of light broke through the darkness. Ares. He killed my father and took me with him. But this time, I didn't complain. In fact, I'm glad that he killed him. Because that's what my father was worthy of. He's dead and I'm happy about it. And also thankful to Ares.

If only he wouldn't have come to get me. Because without him I'm shallow.

His presence breathed life into my desolate soul, and for the first time in what felt like an eternity, I dared to hope. In his arms, I found safety and warmth, a refuge from the storm that had raged around me. He shattered the illusion of the grave I had envisioned, showing me that life could still bloom even in the darkest of places. With him, time regained its meaning, and each passing moment felt like a step towards freedom and healing.

"Hmm...It will take at least two weeks for these bruises to heal" The doctor says, distracting me from my thoughts. He takes a look down at my leg and then at my arms.

"Any medicine required?" Ares asks as he is leaning against the wall, his arms folded over his chest. 

"I have prescribed some creams, buy them and apply them on the bruises every day" The doctor says as he observes my face, making sure that there isn't any injury on my face.

Ares didn't take me to a hospital instead he brought me to one of his private doctor's houses. But I like him for being kind.

"And yes avoid walking too much for three days" The doctor says in a soft tone. I shake my head as a yes.

I stand up from the chair and so does the doctor. We both approach Ares. He shakes his hand with the doctor respectfully.

"Have a safe ride" He smiles wider as he hands over the prescription to Ares and we leave from there.

_________________________________________

I watch the houses we pass through the window. I slightly rub my arms as I glance at Ares who is focused on the road. 

"Don't stare at me like that otherwise I will lose my control" He says, not making eye contact. "I missed you" I mutter. He smiles slightly. "And I was dying to see you again". 

And finally, we reach home.

My eyes lay on Della and Zion who are sitting on the stairs probably waiting for us. I carefully get out as my arms and legs still hurt. 

As soon as Della sees me, her sadness turns into a wide grin. She runs in my direction and hugs me. "Oh my god! Leah you okay" She says as she takes a step back and observes the bruises. "A little bit" I manage a smile. "Oh, that bastard did this to you?" Zion says as he grits his teeth.

"But I'm okay" I assure them. 

"No, you're not" Ares glares at me as he approaches me and pulls me closer to him by my waist.

"Take some rest and we will talk tomorrow" Ares says as we were about to walk into the house when I stop him and he glances at me.

"Ares, I...I'm hungry. I didn't eat anything for two days" I mutter as I stare at the ground and then glance at him. He throws me a non-plussed look. 

"Alright" He says. He's trying not to burst out his anger but when we walk inside the house I hear him cursing and swearing at his father and my father the whole time until we reach the door of my room. He twists the knob and opens it. We walk inside. I sit on the bed and let out a sigh.

"Uhh...I'll go and get some food for you" Della smiles and leaves the room.

I take a glimpse at Ares as he whispers something in Zion's ear and handovers him the subscription. Zion nods and walks out of the room too. I try to move my legs back and forth but wince in pain and stop. Ares approaches and kneels down before me.

He stares at my injured hand as he takes it in his hands. "I'm so sorry Rose" He apologizes.

"No...Ares this isn't-- It is my fault, I shouldn't have left you alone that day when I went for the meeting. I should've taken you with me" He says as he swallows the lump in his throat.

"It's okay" I say as I cup his face.

He rests his head on my lap as I caress his hair.

He's tired. Tired of facing every shit his father did to him. But I really want him to know that he isn't supposed to face it all alone, I'm there for him. And I'll always be.

"Here I'm!!" Della grins as she walks into my room with a tray she is holding in her hands and with some food on it. Ares lifts his head from my lap and stares at Della as she approaches us.

His hair has become messy yet it suits him. 

She places the tray on the bed as I sit cross-legged and start eating.