Chapter 41

Ares' POV :

As the room empties, my thoughts become a tumultuous whirlwind, reflecting on the contracts I've signed. The weight of those agreements hangs heavily upon my shoulders, a constant reminder of the decisions made in this room. I close my eyes and lean back in my chair, seeking solace in the silence, the echoes of the discussion still reverberating in my mind. The weight of the responsibilities I've shouldered becomes an undeniable presence, pressing upon my weary soul.

I contemplate the gravity of the commitments I've made, knowing that each contract bears the potential for both immense gain and dire consequences. The lines blur between business and personal, and I wonder if I've compromised too much or if I've strayed too far from the path I once envisioned for myself. In the pursuit of power and influence, I've willingly entangled myself in a web of alliances and transactions. I question whether I can uphold my ideals, my moral compass, in the face of the ruthless machinations of this world. 

 Fatigue courses through my veins, and weariness settles deep within my bones. The weight of my decisions threatens to crush me, but I find solace in knowing that my intentions were genuine, my desire to protect those I care for unwavering. Yet, doubts linger, as whispers in the dark corners of my mind. Have I sacrificed too much in my quest for control? Can I maintain my integrity amidst the relentless demands of this life?

With a heavy sigh, I rise from the table, determined to confront the challenges that lie ahead. I remind myself that true strength lies not only in the battles won, but in the ability to adapt, to learn, and to find a semblance of balance amidst the chaos.

Anyway, I approach the exit door and walk out of the meeting room.

_______________________________________________

As the car glides through the darkened streets, I find myself captivated by the celestial beauty above. My gaze fixates on the moon, seemingly following my every movement, as if it holds some profound significance, a silent companion in the stillness of the night.

I watch the moon, its luminescence casting a soft radiance upon the world below. It seems to mirror the ebb and flow of my thoughts, a reminder of the cyclical nature of life, of love. 

My thoughts shift, and I reach for my phone, my fingers tapping on the screen. I notice that it has been an hour since Leah last texted me. The late hour and absence of her messages raise a fleeting concern within me.

Oh come on, it's past midnight.

Leah must have drifted into a peaceful slumber, finding solace in dreams that elude my restless mind. I hope she rests well, undisturbed by the turmoil that often accompanies my world.

A sense of longing washes over me, a yearning for her presence, for the comfort of her voice, even in the stillness of the night. I find myself yearning for the reassurance that she is safe and that our connection remains unbroken despite the physical distance.

As the car moves steadily toward my home, I continue to steal glances at the moon, a constant reminder of the enduring bond between Leah and me. Its presence, like hers, offers a glimmer of light in the darkness, a source of comfort and stability. I surrender to the serenity of the night, trusting that when the sun rises once again, Leah's words will grace my phone, bringing with them a sense of warmth and belonging.

As soon as I reach home I hop out of the car and enter in my house.

 I crave the sight of Leah, the comfort of her presence. My footsteps quicken as I ascend the stairs and make my way to her room. I reach her room, my hand reaching out to open the door. But instead of Leah, I find Della in the room. She's sitting on the corner of the bed, her expression filled with concern and worry. My heart sinks. My excitement turns into a knot of anxiety, my pulse quickening with a mix of confusion and apprehension. I search Della's eyes, desperately seeking answers to the questions flooding my mind.

I take a few steps inside the room and scan it properly. She quickly gets up.

"Where is Leah?" I ask as I frown.

"Ares...I" She doesn't complete her sentence willingly as if she doesn't has the courage to speak.

"Della, where is she?" I ask frustratingly.

"She's been...missing" She stutters while speaking.

Shock courses through my veins, freezing me in place. The room feels stifling as I struggle to comprehend the magnitude of those words. Anger and frustration well up within me, a whirlwind of emotions threatening to consume me whole.

"What the fuck do you mean?" I ask when Zion enters the room, joining our conversation. He sits on the bed, panting as if he has run a marathon. 

"I searched the whole house, she isn't anywhere" He says as he lays on the bed, breathing heavily. 

My heart pounds in my chest, a tumultuous storm of worry and anguish raging within me. I instantly take my phone out of my pant pocket and dial a number, putting it on speaker.

I bring the phone to my ear. 

"Hayden?" I say on the phone, making sure it's him. My one of the most reliable guards.

"Yes sir? Is everything alright?" He asks.

"Not at all, my girl is fucking missing and it's an order from me to search the whole fucking Germany and bring me, my fucking girl!" I snap at him on the phone. "Uhh....then we need at least eighty thousand guards in order to search the whole of Germany" He says in a shaky tone. 

"Do whatever it costs I just want Leah back!!" I tell him strictly.

"But it would be effortless for us to find her if we get her number. We can track her location" He says. I glance at Della.

She shakes her head disappointingly as she lifts her hand in which she is holding Leah's phone.

"Her phone is not with her" I tell him. "It's better for you to search for her everywhere". 

"Okay sir" He says and I hang up the call.

"What if they didn't succeed in finding her?" Zion asks. "Then I'll find her myself no matter what" I say angrily.

"But the question arises who can do this?" Della mutters as she wrings her hands.

The haunting possibility echoes in my mind, like a sinister whisper in the depths of darkness. Can my father orchestrate Leah's vanishing act? 

I recall the moments of tension, the clashes between my father and me, and the warning signs that I perhaps chose to ignore. His manipulations, his attempts to control my every move, all designed to weaken the bond between Leah and me. A surge of determination washes over me, mingling with my anger.

If he is responsible for Leah's disappearance, then I will become the worst nightmare he will ever have.