Chapter 34

I lie on the bed and pull Leah next to me. She lets out a giggle as she snuggles into my chest. As she delicately moves a loose strand of hair behind her ear, her once radiant smile suddenly fades away. 

"What's wrong?" I question softly. She glances in my direction.

"You're the next mafia leader of Europe, ain't you?" She says. Her eyes gleamed. "Probably" I murmur. "What do you mean?" She questions. "I have no desire to possess the level of power that a leader of a mafia organization wields" I tell her as I stare at the rooftop. "Then what's your desire?" She asks, I glance at her and slightly smile. 

"You" I mutter.

"You are my desire, Rose".

 I cannot help but be deeply drawn to her. Every time I see her, my heart skips a beat, and I get filled with an overwhelming sense of admiration. There is something about her that simply captivates me, and I find myself constantly thinking of ways to spend more time with her. She is truly a remarkable person, and I feel so fortunate to have her in my life.

Her smile turns into a grin. "I ponder about the reason why nobody has been able to resist your enchanting smile until now" I say as I turn my sleeping position, facing her. "You seriously deserve an award for your flirting skills" She giggles. I blink at her a few times and then lift my hand to cup her face. Then I slowly lean in and press my lips against hers. She runs her fingers in my hair while she kisses me back. 

Within a few seconds, I crawl on her before we break the kiss. "Make out?" I smirk. She shakes her head as she takes a breath in. I lean in and kiss her again, this time shoving my tongue in her mouth. She wraps her fingers around my neck while I run my fingers across her thighs and continue to kiss her. 

Traveling from her lips I reach for her neck. I suck in, creating a suction. She moans. I continue to suck in until the hickey gets visible to my eyes. "One more?" I smirk. "Shut up" She giggles as she pushes me off her, but I don't fall from the bed. 

"You didn't like the hickey I gave you?" I stare at her. She doesn't respond to my question but smiles wider, her dimples visible to me. So that's a yes.

Her smile means so much to me. Why? Because her smile is what a real smile looks like. It's not fake, unlike other smiles. It's enchanting. It's enthralling. It's flawless. Only those who are kind and tender-hearted deserve a girl like her. But is there any girl who can compete with her personality? I don't think so. Innumerable girls fell in love with me but in her case. I fell first and harder. 

"I'm hungry" She mutters as she wraps her arm around her stomach. "Let's go and have dinner" I tell her softly.

She grins as she gets off the bed. "Let's go!" She says as she pulls me by my arm, forcing me to get up and I do so. We leave her room to have our dinner. 

________________________________________

"Chef made the best Rouladen I had ever tasted" Leah says as we both ascend the stairs together. "Seriously? I can cook better than him" I say proudly. "I don't think so" She says in a teasing tone making me groan. "Don't challenge me" I tell her. I know she knows that I can cook really well yet she loves to tease me. 

Sometimes I feel as if she tests my forbearance. To check if I will ever burst my anger on her, which is impossible to happen. I mean...how can she even expect me to be angry with her? That I would shout at her someday? That's nonsense. I would prefer to stitch my mouth with a needle and thread rather than shout at her. 

"I'm just kidding, I know your cooking skills are unbeatable" She mutters as she stops at the door of her room and turns around. 

See, I knew she wasn't serious.

"I already took that as a joke" I smirk making her giggle. "Good night Rose" I murmur as I plant a kiss on her cheek. She grins. "Good night" She says as she opens the door of her room and walks in shutting the door behind her. 

I let out a tiring sigh when I hear a chuckle from the back. I turn around and my whole fucking mood gets ruined at that very moment. 

"What the fuck you want Ezekiel?" I glare at him as I fold my arms over my chest. "You know what? That was sweet and gross at the same time" He scoffs. "Why don't you mind your own goddamn business?" I spat at him. "That's what I'm doing Ares. You are a friend of mine, and I must lead you to the right path" He says as he approaches me. "You're the one that's on the wrong path" I roll my eyes.

I don't understand why is everyone after my girl. Why everyone wants me to get rid of her. 

"Try to understand Ares; even her mother couldn't bear her" He says cheekily. "That's not her fault and by the way, her mother didn't deserve a daughter like her anyway" I say. 

They can tolerate with Navy but not Leah. I live in a house full of hypocrites. 

"Why are you defending her so much?" He questions.

"And why are you hating her so much?" I question back.

He pauses and doesn't say anything. Most probably, he doesn't have an answer to my question. But I do have my explanation for his question. There are countless reasons why I love Leah so much and why I always take her side.

"Your loss" He utters as he walks away descending the stairs. I scoff and walk back to my room.

Since I'm not feeling sleepy I walk into the terrace and take out a pack of cigarettes, as usual. I lit it and pressed it between my upper and lower lips, taking in the smoke. I stare at the two guards who are standing actively at the gate and keeping an eye on everything. 

I change my clothes. I wear a black T-shirt and blue trousers.

I walk back inside and take out a book from my bookshelf. I lean in the chair and open the book to read it while I hold the cigar between my index and middle finger. 

The silence in the room is tranquil. I wish my life were that peaceful.