Chapter 8

I drank three bottles of whiskey while Zion still poured another glass. "Okay, now I guess I should" I inform Zion as I stand up. I wobble dizzily. "Hey! Careful, you want me to escort you to your room?" Zion asks. I shake my head no. "I'm okay" I tell him.

I struggle to get out of the room. I walk through the corridors. "Ares?" Someone calls out my name. I was about to move in the other direction. I look back. She approaches me. "Hey, Rose" I say as I lean against the wall so I won't wobble again.

"What? I'm Leah" She says confusingly. "I know, but you are like a rose in terms of admirable qualities" I grin. "But — wait....are you drunk?" She inquires with suspicion. "Well, a little" I purse my lips. Just because I'm drunk doesn't mean I mistakenly called her Rose. I called her by that name deliberately. Because it suits her, she has red hair and naturally red lips, and her cheeks are slightly pinkish.

The alluring charm possessed by her is comparable to the captivating essence of a blooming rose.

"Who drinks alcohol in the morning?"She grimaces. "Shamelessly me" I wink at her. She gives me a disgusting look, and I chuckle. "Okay, so I gotta go"I tell her. I stumble as I try to stand properly. "Woahh" I say. "Wait, lemme help you" She says politely as she places my arm around her shoulder and her other hand rests on my waist.

She escorts me to my room. She opens the door of my room wide. Before she could walk in, I removed my arm from her shoulder. "Wait, hold on" I say quickly and lean against the door frame, facing her. She stares at me with her big brown eyes. "Thanks," I mutter as I lean a bit forward. "It's okay" She says, playing with the necklace around her neck. "Call me if you need something" She tells me with a smile.

I officially consider her dimple smile as my weakness; that's it.

I continuously stare at her beauty. "What?" She asks. "Did you ever have a boyfriend?" I question her. She giggles and leans against the wall. "No" She answers. Now that's something that made me ecstatic. I grin wider. "Have you ever kissed someone?" I question again. She frowns her eyebrows, not thoughtfully but in a friendly way.

"No" She responds quickly. I smirk. Mm....much better. "Look, I uhh......I never want to experience such things in my life either, like falling in love, kissing, hugs, and cuddling because I don't think true love exists anymore and —" Before she could talk further, I grabbed her waist and pulled her. She gasped because my actions were unpredictable. I press my lips against hers. Her hands press against my chest.

As I break the kiss, she opens her eyes slowly. Her cheeks have turned red. "Say that you didn't like it, and I'll kiss you again to make it perfect" I whisper as I tuck her strand of hair behind her ear. She doesn't respond but still stares at me with a blank expression. "Fall in love with me, Rose, and I'll show what true love is" I mutter, staring into her brown eyes. "I—" She pauses, not able to explain her feelings. "And now, since I'm your first kiss, I want you to know that I don't want any guy to even look at your lips the way I do" I tell her. "I'll see you later" I mutter and close the door. At the same time, she remains still and doesn't even flinch at my words.

The softness of her lips was so enchanting that I could have kissed her endlessly.

I desire for her to be my only love from beginning to end.
_____________________________

Leah's POV:

I stare in the mirror as I run my fingers across my lips. He kissed me. HE KISSED ME!!!!

As soon as his lips met mine, a sudden stillness seemed to envelop my heart as if all its beats had ceased at that moment. I don't have words to explain how good he is at kissing. I liked it. And so did he. I don't even regret kissing him back.

Should I obey him? Should I fall in love with him? What if I already did? The moment he kissed me, I fell in love with him.

The kiss lasted for a few seconds, and I was in love with him in those few seconds.

I never had my first love. I wonder if this is what "first love" is like. What if this is both? First love and as well as True love. Ares had indirectly confessed his love for me. But I haven't yet. I'm not even sure if I'm in love with him or not.

Maybe, I'm.

I walk out of the washroom and sit on the bed, staring at the floor. Did he stop me from leaving just because he loved me?

"Leah?" Someone calls out my name grabbing my attention from my thoughts. I glance at the door. It's Mrs.Elsher. Shit. She might be here in search of my mother. I stand up quickly and say "Oh, good morning Mrs.Elsher; you need something?" I ask even though I know what she's going to ask me. "I don't see your mother anywhere. Do you know where she is?" She asks patiently. "Well, I—"I stop and glance at the floor.

I can't help it, but tears again start growing in my eyes. Everything hit me like a flashback of what my mother had written in that letter. "What is it, dear?" She asks again as she starts approaching me. I like the way she behaves with her servants. I know I'm not one of them, but my mother was. "She—she left the house" I inform her, my voice low. She pauses for a while before she says "And you're alone now?". Her voice filled with sympathy.

I shake my head. She sighs and leaves the room without saying anything while I stand still. This was so embarrassing. She mumbled something to herself while she walked out of the room, but I didn't hear that.

_______________________________

I tilt my head as I gaze at the scenery painting I made on canvas. I dip the brush in the glass of water and run it against the color palette. I had nothing to do, so I decided to make another painting.

I'm in the garden right now with my painting stuff. I let out an exhausting sigh as I glance at the fountain and then again at my painting. I wonder if Mrs.Elsher had informed her husband about my mother. Will they let me stay here? I'm petrified.

But then I remember Ares's words. He won't let me go. He loves me. But still, I feel like in the future; I'll have to face some problems because of my mother's stupid decision. But then I remember Ares. Somehow, I feel safe whenever he is around me. I feel like no power in this world can thwart me unless and until he's with me. He said I got his back. I have faith in the words he spoke to me.

Yes, I trust him.

_______________________________

I hope you guys aren't getting bored but trust m,e the actual story will commence from chapter 9 🙂

And thank you for 3k+ reads!!!!♥️