Chapter 43

Ares' POV :

I stand in the dimly lit training room, my muscles taut and my fists wrap tightly in mitted gloves. The weight of Leah's sudden disappearance weighs heavily on my mind, fueling a growing rage within me. With every punch I deliver to the sturdy punching bag, I release my frustration and fury, imagining it as the face of the person responsible for taking her away.

But the only picture that comes to my mind is of my father.

My thoughts are a storm of emotions, a tumultuous mix of worry, anger, and determination. Each strike reverberated through my body, my knuckles slamming into the heavy bag with relentless force. The rhythmic thuds echo in the room, drowning out all other sounds as I pour my energy into the physical act, trying to find an outlet for his pent-up emotions. With each strike, memories of Leah flood my mind. Her laughter, her smile, the way she looked at me with those brown eyes full of warmth and understanding. She had become a beacon of light in my life, and now she is gone, leaving me feeling empty and lost. It fuels my determination to find her, to unravel the mystery and bring her back safely.

My frustration intensifies, my punches become more powerful, and my movements fuel by a burning need for answers. I swear under my breath, promising myself that I won't rest until I find the person responsible for Leah's disappearance. No matter the cost, I will make them pay for the pain they have inflicted on both me and Leah.

 My fists strike the bag with renewed ferocity, my knuckles stinging with each impact. My muscles strain, and my breath rage as I push myself to the limit. In my mind, I play out various scenarios, each one ending with me confronting the person who has taken Leah away, exacting his own form of justice.

 I continue my relentless assault on the punching bag when someone calls me out in a respectful manner and I know who it is. I stop punching the bag yet I don't look back.

"Any updates? Hayden" I ask, my voice as rigid as a stone. 

"Unfortunately, not yet sir. But we're trying our best" He says, feeling ashamed.

I clench my fist tighter, a mix of frustration fueling my emotions. I instantly deliver a thunderous blow to the bag causing it to fly in the air and land on the floor. Its impact resonates throughout the room. I step back, my chest heaving, the fire within me still burning fiercely.

"What the fuck are you guys even doing?" I roar at him as I turn around making him flinch. Not only him but there are three more guards who look scared. 

"Today is the second day and you guys still haven't found her" I snarl. "They won't be able to find her Ares, no matter how hard they try".

The guards step aside and my father approaches me. I frown.

"You better stay out of this!" I say, my voice laced with venom. I refuse to let my father's negativity deter me, but the disdainful comment still strikes a nerve. 

"Well, that won't bring your girl back either" He chuckles evilly. "You'll never be able to accomplish anything meaningful. It's time you accept your limitations.".

My father's words hang in the air, a lingering reminder of the emotional scars he had inflicted over the years. But I refuse to let them break my spirit.

I step forward confidently.

"Now I take that as a challenge, I will find her myself" I say as I stare into his eyes. "And I vow once again that I will not spare the person responsible for Leah's disappearance. I will hunt him down, and he will face the full force of my wrath".

"Alright" He says.

"Wish you good luck son" He says cheekily and walks out of the room. After a few seconds, the guards also leave the room.

____________________________________________

I slump onto the couch in the living room, exhaustion weighing heavily on my shoulders. The frustration and anger that consumed me during my training session still lingers, but now doubt began to creep into my thoughts. I can't shake the feeling that the guards, my supposed allies in the search for Leah, are betraying me with their excuses and lack of progress.

My mind races, analyzing every interaction and conversation I had with them. Doubts start to infiltrate my thoughts, and I can't help but question their loyalty and commitment to finding Leah. Are they truly doing everything they could, or are they holding back vital information? The uncertainty gnawed at me, intensifying the turmoil within.

"That's it! I'm going to find Leah myself" I say as I rise from the couch.

"What? You gotta be kidding me. There are guards looking for her" Zion says as he stands in front of me.

"I don't trust them anymore" I say angrily.

"I think the same" Della says while leaning on the couch, her arms fold over her chest.

"I think we should start enquiring about those people who hated Leah from the beginning like Ares' father?" She shrugs.

My Father has always been a source of disdain and mistrust. The thought crosses my mind that my Father might have had some involvement in Leah's disappearance, though I have no concrete evidence to support such a claim.

"Or maybe, Clair, Ezekiel, Michael or...yeah Leah's Father" She says.

My ears perk up at the mention of Leah's father.

"Leah's father...Leah's father!!!" I shout.

My mind races as a chilling thought strikes me—the possibility that Leah's abusive father can be responsible for her sudden disappearance. The pieces of the puzzle start to fit together, the events leading up to her vanishing taking on a sinister meaning.

Memories flood my mind, replaying the encounter with the men Leah's father had sent just days before. I had successfully prevented them from taking her away, but what if her father had resorted to extreme measures?

Anger and concern intertwine within me as I consider the implications. Her father might be the one who has torn her from my life.

"But didn't her father abandon her years ago?" Zion asks confusingly.

"No...she was the one who left him with her mother but Leah told me that once came back to take her and then Ares came to rescue her" She says.

"Not once. Twice" I correct her. 

"So what now?" Zion asks. I glance at him.

I don't respond but walk out of the living room while Della and Zion follow me. I ascend the stairs and approach Leah's room. I open the door and walk in. Then I scan the room and there it is. Her phone is on the nightstand.

I advance toward it and grab it.

"Do you even know the password?" Zion raises his eyebrows.

"Of course" I say as I unlock the phone and tap on contacts.

"She gave you her phone's password?? And you-- She knows mine too" His jaw drops.

I scroll through her contact list and eventually find her father's number.

"There it is!" I say and glance at Zion and Della.

"We need to track this number" I tell them.

"Della" I look at her with high expectations.

"Sure" She says proudly.

Della was thirteen when she learned to hack accounts and track people. I'm choosing her because I don't trust the guards. I don't anymore. What if anyone of them is involved in this and informed her father? He might do something to her.

He better not hurt Leah either otherwise he will strongly regret it.