Chapter 20

All of a sudden, my eyelids flutter open and I become aware that the time is already 2 pm, and yet here I am, still nestled cozily in my bed. "Shit" I utter to myself as I stare at the clock. I try to spring out of bed, but Ares pulls me back as he tightens his grip around my stomach.

"Ares.....it's 2 pm already wake up now!" I tell him. "Just a few more minutes Rose" He mumbles in a sleepy tone. "Come on" I roll my eyes as I try to free myself from his grip. "Ares....." I mutter as I finally remove his hands and spring out of the bed.

I put on my t-shirt while Ares turns around and he rubs his eyes. He looks irritated. "What's wrong?" I ask as I put on my upper and take off my rubber band. "I had a beautiful dream" He says. "What did you see in the dream?" I ask as I throw his black upper in his direction. "It was about you and me Rose"He tells me as he smiles slightly. I giggle. He puts on his black upper, and as he takes the zip upwards I notice the cuts on his chest and stomach. Healed but still visible.

I climb on the bed and sit in front of him. Now he's too in a sitting position. The blanket only covers his legs. "But Ares......I will say that you're good in bed"I tilt my head as I blush. He smirks and leans in. "If you want me to then I can do that again for you and I promise that I won't get tired" He mutters, my heart throbbing in my chest. "By the way you didn't confide your love till now" He says as he leans back and raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, so what?"I chuckle. I know he wants me to confess but I won't. However, that doesn't mean I don't love him. I love him—a lot. But I love to see him get irritated.

"Confess now" He demands. I shake my head, no. "Too soon" I mutter and am about to get off the bed. But he grabs my wrist and pulls me back. My head smacks the pillow. He limps on top of me and starts to tickle me. I laugh uncontrollably. "Ares stop" I laugh. He stops and says "Then admit it, that you love me" He says. "I won't" I raise my eyebrows. He rolls his eyes and starts to tickle me again.

"Ares!"I laugh out loud. "Okay okay......I love you" I tell him as I let out a chuckle. He finally stops and then instantly smashes his lips against mine. "I love you too Rose" He says in the kiss. I giggle as I grab his face and kiss him back.

_________________________________

Ares' POV:

In the future, I don't think I'll love someone the way I love Leah. I don't think I'll treat someone the way I treat her. And I don't think I'll look at someone the way I look at her. She means so much to me. I have never been afraid of something. But when the thought of losing her hits my mind, I get very concerned about her. I don't even know if she's happy with me or not.

I'm still on top of her. She is smiling at me. I pull myself back and her smile starts to fade as I do. She lifts her head from the pillow and stares at me. "What's wrong?" She mutters as she grabs my face, forcing me to look at her.

"Are you happy with me Rose?" I ask her as I lower my tone. She blinks at me a few times before she responds to my question. "Of course I'm" She smiles slightly. "But what made you question that?" She asks. "I feel.....I feel as if I don't deserve you.......I'm a monster, Rose"I tell her, expressing my feelings openly. "No no no no it's not true" She shakes her head. "Ares you're not a monster, well no doubt your father wanted you to be one, but then it depended on you....whether you wanted to become one or not. It was your choice. And you chose the right way, and I'm proud of you" She tells me.

Her words are quite optimistic.

"Be who you are Ares, I love you the way you are. Please don't change" She says as she stares into my eyes. "I...love you Ares" She says earning a smile from me. I lean in and kiss her again as I tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"Hey guys you-"All of a sudden, Zion walks into the room without even knocking. Leah and I break the kiss immediately. "Damn" Zion mutters. Leah gets off the bed quickly and walks out of the room, Zion steps aside to let her go out. She didn't even look at me before she left. Zion!!!!

He glances at me as I throw a death stare at him. "Now what did I do?"He shrugs. I don't respond but stare at him. "Come on.....I wouldn't have entered the room if I knew what was going on"He says. I roll my eyes as I get off from the bed and walk toward the dressing table to fix my hair. "So.....Ares" He says as he enters the room. "If you remember.......we had planned to watch a film right?" He says, I mumble as I run my fingers through my hair to fix them. "But it was then cancelled right?" He says as he sits on my bed. "So?" I stare at his reflection in the mirror.

"So......how about if we watch it today like you know spending time together, chilling and all that stuff" He says. "Sorry but that's not my cup of tea Zion" I purse my lips. His smile fades instantly as soon as he hears my words. Well, actually that's not the exact reason.

The truth is I want to take Leah on a date. A surprise date. I want to spend the whole day with her. It will be only her and me. No disturbance, nothing. But I have to tell Zion about this; otherwise, he'll get mad.

"Zion" I call out. He glances at me with an unimpressed look. "Uh.....Actually, I wanna take Leah on a surprise date" I inform him. He raises his eyebrows. "So how about you take Della somewhere too" I suggest to him. He glances at the floor, thinking that if he should accept my suggestion or not. "Not a bad idea man" He grins at me as he stands up due to excitement.

Thank God.

"And by the way it's been a long time since I Della went on a date" He says. "So what are you thinking about? Go and ask her" I tell him as I grab my watch and try to wear it around my wrist. I walk towards the and sit at the edge. Zion is standing still in front of me. "That's a perfect idea thanks buddy!" He says in excitement. I stand up again, but before I could walk away Zion jumps in my lap and hugs me tightly.

"Zion!" I yell as I stumble but try to keep myself steady. "Thank you buddy!" He says happily. "Ok ok now get off me" I tell him as I try to push him away. He takes a few steps back. "Imma going to ask her" He grins and swiftly moves out of my room, slamming the door shut.

I let out a sigh. Now, it's time to plan a surprise date for Leah. An immaculate date.