Chapter 15

I let out a sigh as I dry my wet hair with a towel. The day was sweltering, so I took another bath at night. I glance at the clock; it's 8 pm—time to write something in my journal. I lift the pillow and pull out my journal. I sit on the bed, pull my legs up to my chest and begin to write.

My existence has undergone an undeniable metamorphosis ever since I took up residence in this house. It has been a catalyst for numerous unforeseeable events, some of which have left an indelible mark on my life. My mother's departure is one such event, and I struggle to come to terms with the pain it has caused me. Moreover, I find myself irresistibly drawn to a man who is on the cusp of becoming the leader of one of Europe's most powerful mafia families. The surreal nature of our connection is not lost on me. At times, I am convinced that fate had a hand in bringing us together. Ares and I are both broken individuals who have found solace and understanding in each other's company. I have become his confidante, and he, mine. While I have not yet confessed my love, my journal is replete with his name and the myriad ways in which he has captured my heart.

I believe that the affection Ares has for me surpasses that of any other young man. He takes extraordinary measures to safeguard me from any conceivable danger, and his unwavering gaze and gentle touch provide me with a sense of safety instead of unease. His protective embrace brings me a sense of calm and comfort, and I treasure it more than anything else. I am profoundly in love with him.

Before I could write further, a knock on the door grabbed my attention. "Come in" I say and what the hell. Clair walks in with a grin plastered on her face. I stare at her confusedly as she starts to approach me. I quickly place the journal beneath my pillow and sit cross-legs.

"Hey" She grins. "Yeah?" I don't know how to start. I can't exactly say what are her intentions, but I'm getting bad vibes even if she is behaving friendly to me. She definitely needs something from me.

"You here—Yeah I know you're quite surprised because of the change you see in my behavior " She cuts me in between. I shake my head as if I understand what she's trying to say. "Look Leah, I'm sorry........for everything I have ever said to you" She says. Did she just apologize? Seriously? I can't believe it.

"Actually I was jealous......of you because you have Ares, you know I love him so much, but he never reciprocated his love" She tells me. "I don't know where I went wrong but yeah....he's yours now" She adds to her statement. I don't know why is she telling me this, I mean apology was enough to convince me. I guess she is a nice girl.

"Will you forgive me?" She asks, her gaze fixed on me. I nod in agreement. Forgiving people is something that comes naturally to me, especially when they show genuine remorse for their actions. "So, does that mean we're friends again?" She inquires, a smile spreading across her face.r. "Would you like to join me at the club today?" She asked. I hesitate, as I haven't been to a club before and would prefer if Ares came with us. "I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if I want to go," I tell her. She pleads with me not to say no and assures me that we won't be alone - Navy and three other friends will be joining us.

"Ok then let me ask A—No need to I already informed him"She grins. Should I trust her? Or should I go and ask Ares about this myself? I stare at her, and she's still smiling. I think I should trust her since now we have become friends.

"But what about my clothes?" I say since I didn't have any pretty outfit to wear I'm wearing a white t-shirt and shorts. "Don't worry about that I gotta brand new outfit for you which you wear for the club, and it'll definitely suit you"She winks at me as she grabs my hand and takes me in her room. I saw Della in midway, but I don't think she saw me since she was busy talking to someone on the phone.

Clair hands me a white short dress which I don't wear normally. But I have no other but to wear that dress. I tie my hair in a ponytail. Then we leave the house. I can see a black limousine at the gate. We both approach the limo and sit inside. There were a few more girls in the car, including Navy. And surprisingly she throws me a friendly smile instead of being disgusted.

"Let's go"Clair orders the driver. The gate opens, and he drives off the limo. "Guys this is Leah, my friend"Clair introduces me to her friends. I smile at them as I wave my hand. "Aww, you got dimples that's cute"One of the girls inflates my dimple smile.

I'm getting nervous for no reason.

I start to play with my hands as I watch the world through the window. I don't know why, but I feel like I should have asked Ares about this. Anyway.

________________________________

It takes us half an hour to reach the club, and it's quite huge. I can hear the beat of the music coming from the club. The place is crowded yet tolerable. We all walk inside the club. There is a guard checking on people except us. Maybe he knows where we belong from.

As I step into the club, I notice a crowd of people grooving to the rhythm of the music, which is blasting at a high volume. They hold their drinks in hand and sway to the beat. I make my way towards the bar, not to indulge in any drinks, but to find a spot where I can observe the lively atmosphere.

"Are you going to join us for a dance?" Clair inquires. "No, thanks" I decline and take a seat. She simply shrugs and gestures towards the dance floor where others are enjoying themselves.

This reminds me of the ball when Ares and I danced at night. God that was the best of my life. I wish he were here so that we could dance. "Hi, beautiful young lady" A guy pops up in front of me distracting me from my thoughts. He has black eyes, dark brown hair, and pale skin. He's handsome.

But isn't as handsome as Ares.

"Hi" I mutter. "Would you like to dance with me?" He asks as he pulls out a hand. "I—I can't sorry" I tell him. Wouldn't it be like I'm cheating on Ares? Which I can't. "You have a boyfriend?" He raises his eyebrows. Is Ares my boyfriend? Yes.

I shake my head, yes. "Is he here?" He asks. "No" I mutter as I look down at my hands. "Then what's the matter?" He chuckles. "Nothing.....I don't wanna" I tell him. "Oh...loyal huh?" He smirks.

I wonder what Ares would have done to this guy if he heard what he said.