Chapter 297

Aecha's P.O.V
"So, dear. You finally managed to conceive." Hobi's mother said.

I took a sip of water before answering. "Yes, I'm almost 6 months along now."

"I wonder why it took you guys so long." Oh God. I don't believe in you, but help me out!

"Mother, not here, not now. It's Christmas." My sister-in-law whispered. "Let's just enjoy the food."

My mother was shooting daggers. "Well.. the accident in 2019 left a couple of issues." I tried to explain nicely, Eunho waiting for me to give him a bit.

She nodded, yet didn't seem to understand. As always.. "Well, God works in mysterious ways. Maybe a lesson was to be learned."

I had not glanced at my husband. He was boiling inside. His voice was so deep, I had never heard him like this. "God's plan sucks then, mom."

She didn't seem to hear. "What did you say?"

He stood up. "We didn't deserve the hardship. She, especially didn't. How can you say that? Why do you always put the fault on her?"

His mother was upset as well. "Hoseok, as a Christian mother, it is my duty to care about you and my husband. I think she should do the same."

Hoseok's P.O.V.
Ash got up without a sound, our son in hand. "I don't have to explain myself to you. I don't have to deal with this. If you'll excuse me, I need to refresh myself." She put her hand on my shoulder, gave it a squeeze, then kissed the top of my head. "You don't have to deal with this either.." She kindly whispered.

I had to deal with this. I had faith in my Fate, but what my mother says is not my version of Christianity. "It's the second time we spend Christmas here. We came over to show our son you never came to see, to show how happy we are with my WIFE'S pregnancy. Because, yes. I married that woman. I love her, and her mom. She makes me happy, no matter how ungodly you think our union is."

Ash's mother was already with her girl, my sister left the table too. "Mom, we've been nice. We love you, but you can't impose your beliefs on others, or you'd have kicked me out a long time ago." She went up the stairs.

How could my mother dare? "Your son is not even yours. You're married to a foreigner. She couldn't keep a pregnancy. How much of a woman is she really?"

I was about to burst when.."Much more of a woman than you. It wasn't one pregnancy. I had 6 miscarriages. I did rounds of medication. Before that, I lost my ability to walk and dance. He helped me work my ass of for this. I'm deserving of love, happiness, and joy. So does he, no matter what your definition of that is. Also, our son may not have our DNA, I may not have given birth to him, but that little boy is HIS son. By the way. I'm born in Korea, so I'm not a foreigner. I knew Hangul before French. Want to add to that, I don't even believe in your God, but he does, its perfectly fine with me. Only one of us needs to ask for protection from him. Now... The hormonal pregnant lady will give you two options: we try to have a nice Christmas with you, or we go have a nice Christmas by ourselves." She never once raised her voice. It was scary, scary hot? The confidence she spoke in wasn't something she'd do with my mother in the past.

I had already made up my mind. I never stopped making eye contact with my parents. "I'll put the bags in the car. We've had enough. You back-handed insults are not tolerated."

My mother got up. "Hoseok, wait. We just want what's best for you."

I took my son from my mother-in-law's arms. "What you believe is best for me is not the same as what I believe. Merry Christmas.." I took my coat and opened the door for the girls.
.
.
.
Aecha's P.O.V.
"You really don't mind if we go to your place mom?" I asked looking behind me while Hobi drove to calm his nerves.

"Of course it doesn't bother me. I have plenty of room for your boy and your sister." That reassured me. "Sorry I didn't say anything back there baby."

"No, I'm sorry for how I behaved-"

My husband interjected. "You did the right thing. You didn't even yell. I didn't realize how deep set in her values she was before."

I almost choke. "Damn, you should see our DMs.. Anyway, we'll still make a great Christmas out of this okay?"

He went back to that deep voice. "I saw them. That's why I said it's enough."

He did? "I told him." Mej? "I can't get through to my mom, but he can."

He sighed. "Please don't speak to me right now... I'm driving."

"Want me to drive? We have 2 hours left." I proposed. It was my van afterall.

I kinda hit a nerve? "That's enough stress and anxiety for you tonight. Let me handle it."

He was right. Besides, baby kept kicking me in the ribs, it was hard to breathe at times. "Fine. How about we talk about dessert? We didn't have any. Did you have your sugar pie home?"

She nodded. "Of course I do baby. We can have that while we open our gifts. How does that sound?"

"Sounds very nice Nathalie, thank you." Mej commented. "Ash, I do have to say your dress is very pretty."

I smiled. "Thanks, Hobi chose it with me. Shows the bump nice."

As we chuckled, his expression softened. Thank God.