Chapter 258

Aecha's P.O.V.
Last destination busted... Time for the next! I never thought I'd like Paris until I set foot in it for the first time. Every street corner felt like the set of a movie. It was a very charming place. After recuperating from jetlag, we figured, what's more French than enjoying a coffee and a pastry in the late afternoon? While chilling under the soft sun, I decided to take out the notes I took on our plane to Montreal. I felt inspired. What can I say?

Hobi, who was slightly dozing off, opened an eye. "What are you scribbling there?"

Curious man. "Nothing."

He rolled both eyes jokingly. "Yeah right. Is it a secret?"

Should it be? I'd like to keep this only to me. Could I? A project he wouldn't know about? Come on Ash. You're a big girl. "I'd like to keep it that way."

He seemed genuinely surprised, yet accepting. "Oh. You won't tell anyone?" I shook my head. "I'll respect that then." He took a sip of his drink. "It'll be awesome no matter what anyway."

Thank you. I laughed. "Keep telling yourself that. Imma need that positivity."

Hoseok's P.O.V.
She doodled a couple more minutes. It really seemed like a dance. Why not tell me? It looked like an amazing project. When we finished our drinks and snacks we wandered in the streets of the French city. Why was it bothering me so much? We shared all of our projects. It wasn't a surprise for me, why not tell me? "Honey?" Hmm? A caress on my arm. "Hoseok?"

Ah.. I loved when she said my name. "Yeah?"

"Wanna take a picture? It's a pretty spot." Her phone was already opened in her hand. I smiled seeing the new phone and phone case she had bought. Lots of changes for my Miss. Lots of changes for my Miss...

I was in the clouds again. "Oh- sure, babygirl."

She gave me an interested glance. "Babygirl? That's been a while. Come on, get in front of me Sunshine!"

It was a great picture! We took many more during our stay

After 2 days, I still hadn't figured out why she was keeping her project a secret

After 2 days, I still hadn't figured out why she was keeping her project a secret. I need to talk. She'll see it soon enough. "Sweetheart?"

She lifted her nose off of her book, pulling up her glasses. "What is it? Got a work email?"

I almost laughed. "Goodness no. I was just wondering.."

Her head tilted. "Hmm? Did I do something?"

"No! No. Uhmm.. gosh, I feel like a kid." I was terrible at this. "I wanted to know why you didn't want to tell me about that project of yours?"

Her eyes went back to her book, a tiny smile appearing on her lips. "I knew that was bothering you." She closed her book and took her glasses off. She meant business. "It is a choreo, but I don't want to show you anything because it's my thing and I figured I'd try to have a thing that is only mine from A to Z. I don't always know what you do. Maybe it's time I don't say 100% of my projects... Or at least all the details."

It was very reasonable. "So it is a choreo for Halsey is it?"

She frowned. "I'm not as mysterious as I think I am." A minuscule grin. "It is."

Ouuuuuh! "You'll teach another dancer? For what is it? A tour? An award show? A videoclip?"

"Hoseok! I've said enough already!" She cleared her throat. "All I can say is that it'll be different from what you've seen."

I can't help it! "When is it for?"

"Next year. Couple of months." Wow.. she was there.

"You do realize you only wanted to be a backup dancer or teach in a studio and you're here doing so for Halsey right?" She was too humble sometimes.

She shrugged in content, wrapping her arms around her legs. "Surpassing ourselves each day is what we strive for do we not? I'm glad I get this opportunity, these trips, these occasions, this life, but we worked for it. It was not given. I'm grateful my work and passion took me there." She hugged her legs tighter. "I don't wanna be pessimistic, but sometimes.. I wonder how high we can go before we fall. Will we crash down? Slowly roll down the hill? Sit at the top?"

"Seems terrible said like that doesn't it?" I tried to reassure her. "You know. Bangtan and I, we ask ourselves the same thing over and over. The best answer I have is to enjoy it while you have it, because you never know when it'll change or be over."

For an instant, a short moment, she observed her hands and feet, moving each finger and toe. "Right.." Some time ago, that would have been impossible. She was enjoying what she had gained back, not forgetting they could be gone. Ever since then, she danced longer, harder, better, cleaner. "Thanks a lot for that. I also made a decision."

A decision? "What do you mean?"

"I'm dancing this one."