Chapter 290

Aecha's P.O.V.
I was at my home desk working on some trainee evaluations, when I heard Hobi across the corridor. "Angel, can you come here a second?"

"Is it to show me dresses or to convince me to come to America for the BBMA's and the AMA's?" I put my video on pause. "If it's that, I am not in the mood for it."

He walked over to my spot, soft smile on his face. "I won't annoy you about that until your first ultrasound. Come on, just trust me."

He seemed excited about something. "You know our anniversary passed right?"

He chuckled. "I'm very aware and you said it was fine not to do anything because it was just our sixth year anniversary. You said that about your 27th birthday too."

I was confused. "Where are you going with this?"

He showed me an outfit. "Date night. You and me. Eunho is at Kookie's. No takeout. We get out of here and have a good time."

Really? A date night? How long had it been? I was touched. I kissed him, hand on his cheek. "Sounds like a great idea. Give me half an hour and I'll be ready."

He kissed me back. "Perfect, give me time to shave."

I stroke his chin. "Yeah, you're getting itchy."

"But you love it!" He mentioned running out.

That man I swear. I love him.

Hoseok's P.O.V.
She said 30 minutes, it's been 35. Calm down, she can be late just because, not for a bad reason. Maybe I should - "I'm late! I know! It's just that I used the curling iron and I didn't use it in ages."

I had no complaints. "You look gorgeous."

She put her hair behind her ear

She put her hair behind her ear. "Different from the sports clothes and ponytail I've been sporting for a while. Doing my makeup took long too."

I handed her her jacket and extended her my hand. "I wouldn't have noticed."

She grabbed my hand. "Oh shut up, you did. I look tired as hell."

A giggle. "True. Guess I'm a bad liar."

"Where are we heading?" She asked as I helped her into my car.

"A certain Italian restaurant we haven't been to in a while." As I revealed the place, her face lit up.

The night was gonna be great.

Aecha's P.O.V.
"No, but seriously. Why today?" I asked before shoving some arrabiatta pasta in my mouth.

He answered after a sip of water. "Because! We barely saw eachother these past weeks. When we managed to talk it was about work or Eunnie. I want to know how Aecha is doing for real. I don't get the latest update."

The way he said it was so sweet it made me chuckle. "You know you can have alcohol. I won't stop you."

He denied. "What you can't have, I don't have. So.."He held my hand. "How have you been?" Wow. It was so weird. Can't answer as a mom or job wise can I? "Say it how it feels Angel."

Okay? Uhmm.. "Job wise, it's been going well. Everything is going smoothly. I can't explain, like.. it's a lot of hours, but they aren't challenging. I'm just a little bit tired running on 5 hours sleep, but it's fine. One thing, I gotta say, is that since I can bring our little boy to practice sometimes it helps with the guilt you know? I get to bound with him still. Between you and I, we don't have a lot of time together so.. this is really nice. I miss days off walking around or staying in. I don't have a social life and I believe it's starting to affect me a bit. When I have a day off, I spend it sleeping and if I hang out with friends instead, I'm a little too tired the next morning." I have been talking for a while.. I looked him in the eyes. He was still listening, caressing my hand with his thumb. "And with baby, I'm a bit better at eating, but I am still worried I'm doing something wrong or you know, if baby will stay. I'm all over the place, but overall I'm happy." I think that was it.

He grabbed my hand with both hands and nodded, organizing his thoughts. "First of all, I'm glad you're having a great time at work and you're enjoying it. Also, at home, I could save you some time home by making your lunches and dinners if it can give you more leeway. For getting more time for us and a social life, you're debuting Enhyphen next week, so that will ease off. With SHINee it's a break after next month." He took a deep breath. "The most important thing, I'm telling you. We're making this work. That baby will be healthy. You'll be healthy too. It's a miracle and it's not gonna fail us. Trust me." He kissed the back of my hand. "I hope we can make the best out of what's ahead of us."

That man. "I really married right.. You don't have to cook all the time tho, just once in a while is fine. I'm getting a couple of hours in next month from the award shows, but the rest will look like a 9am to 7pm schedule. I wish we can do this more often."

He smiled softly. "And we will! We'll make time. And since you mentioned it.."

The shows, no kidding he'd bring them up. "If you take care of everything and just make me show up, I'm gonna follow. How does it sound?"

He was a happy child. "I'm the luckiest man on Earth."
.
.
.
After we paid and walked to our car, he stepped in front of me. He made funny faces. "What?"

"I'm looking for a bump of course! I can't see one!" He squinted his eyes.

"Because there isn't much of one!"  I laughed. "I'm two months along or so."

He seemed genuinely disappointed. "When will I get one?"

I got into the car. "Wait a month more and you might get a tiny one."

His eyes sparkled. "That'd be so cute! I can't wait."

Taking a step back, imagining it. "I can't wait either."