She nodded wordlessly, without any hesitation.

He hummed, " Then I promise you, that if you ever encounter such morons, we have your back."

She smiled mysteriously, and gestured Abhimanyu something and in return, he handed her his phone. She began typing something, making anticipation run through my veins.

Are you all not men? Why'd I trust you?

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I read her words.

I shook my head, " They are not men, little girl, they, are not men. You need to know who a real man is."

" A real man treats everyone with care and respect and they never, I mean it, never will do anything like what those people did to you. Men or even a decent human is supposed to protect children, not harm them."

" And about trust, then we'll prove it to you and show you, that we will always protect a cute little girl like you," I told her.

" Well, let's play twenty questions. We will ask you some questions and you can respond by writing, and you could also ask us some," Siddharth spoke excitedly.

She nodded as Reyansh spoke, " What's your favorite colour?"

Red...

Reyansh shook his head, " Like brother, like sister."

" Alright, mine is blue," he responded.

What do you all do?

" We are businessmen little Myra," Siddharth chuckled.

" Did you, like the gift I gave you that day?" Abhimanyu asked, as she nodded seriously. I chuckled at her adorable face.

" What do you want the most?" I asked her.

Safety...happiness...

My heart clenched when I read those words.

" You said wanna go live with mom and dad, do you really want to?" Abhimanyu asked her cautiously.

She thought for a moment before shaking her head and typing something.

I wanted to, but I don't want you to be alone. So I'll stay with you.

A small smile formed on his face as he read his sister's words.

" What if I say, I'll go with you, then?" She nodded frantically causing chuckles erupting from us.

" Alright, then. Do you know that your brother right here, is a tormentor,"

" He gives us tons of work and even taunt us for not completing them," Siddharth wiped his fake tears.

She bowed her head down, trying to hide her smile. Abhimanyu's expression said it, he was pleased to see her smiling.

He looped an arm around her shoulder, bringing her close to him.

I have never seen him this happy before, and if she is the reason for his happiness then she is important for me as well, very much important. I'll make sure that this little girl right here will never face any problem from now on, for I will always be there to protect her and have her back.

And then I said something which caused her eyes to turn glossy.

" I know that people have hurt you Myra, but we promise that neither Abhimanyu nor any one of us will ever hurt you. I promise you. "

Author's POV

" Amayra, did you take your medicine?" Abhimanyu asked, as she looked at him and nodded her head.