-Chapter 27-

Ahah... 
So, hi again. I came back after a week. Sorry.

I started publishing when I alreayd wrote like ten or more chapters, this is kinda the last one I have in the draft, and so everytime I'll have to write a new one to publish.

Sorry I failed you, but damn I didn't publish an entire story since I was like 11. And it was a cringe my hero academia fanfiction with like 30 chapters.

This story won't finish with 30 chapters, just for you to know, few people that are reading this, aha.

-Mari

________-

"Henry?" You called out, hearing a response from his bedroom. Seeing the door closed you decided to stand outside while talking to him. It seemed like he was dressing up. "Are you going somewhere or you just came home?"

"I have to go out for a thing I forgot to buy this morning when I was going grocery shopping. I would ask you to come, but you clearly can't."

"I could, if the supermarket is in another state," you laughed, right as the door opened.

"Want me to bring you something?" The man asked, walking down the stairs. You refused, and after that he got out of the house.

It was strangely coincidental that he went out right when you thought about snooping around the box. Not as strange as him forgetting the house keys though.

"What are you planning to do? You always have that smile on when you're thinking about some mischief," Charlie said, coming back from her little spiritual retreat, After more than five hours.

"Little friend, remember when you told me that you were too busy exploring the box at your funeral? Well, because you don't want to tell me I'm going to discover it myself," you said proudly.

She looked more shocked than you thought she would be. "You know there's a reason why I didn't tell you anything, right?"

"I know, that's why I'm going to look for it. I want to know why you didn't say anything about it," you said, heading for the box.

"[Name] I'm serious, I don't think that's a good idea. I don't think it will even help us discover more about Remnant, it's just... Nevermind."

Before opening the door to the working space, you turned around to the little girl, crouching to her height. "Charlie, if you don't want me to go in there and discover it myself, can't you just tell me?"

"That's not the problem! I just don't want you to know at all, [Name] please don't go in there." She clinged onto you, trying to keep you away.

You sighed, standing right back up before opening the door. "I'm sorry Charlie, but I really can't. I'm sure I'll be fine if something tries to kill me, even if I can feel pain."

The little girl stood up too, her head fixated on the ground, as you made your way into the box. There wasn't a lot of space, so it could have been really easy for you, that is if the thing Charlie talked about was the size of a plushie.

"There's a little closet behind a few old boxes..." She started. "The ones filled with paint, in the right corner near the large door."

Walking back to her, you gave her a little kiss on her head. "Thank you little one."

"Yeah yeah, let's see if you thank me after."

As you were searching you continued chatting with Charlie.

"Why didn't you want to tell me? I should have seen it all with deadly "alive" machines that roam around in the night." There was no response.

Either she didn't want to answer or she went away somewhere else, but you didn't turn around to check, as you had already found the closet.