Jaylen • 33

I took Haze back to my own apartment like the guys instructed me too

I don't actually know what the hell that is going on at the moment but from the way that the guys were acting, I knew that Haze didn't need to be around that type of shit.

It's bad enough that Addison has somehow got it into his head that Haze is his mate now, I couldn't imagine what could actually be worse for her than Addison thinking that.

It must be something very horrific if Torq or Diesel didn't want her to see Ark blow up in front of her.

The only thing that comes to my mind, when it comes to Ark, is that it must somehow be related to his errant family.

Regardless of whatever it may be, I have to agree with Torq and Diesel on this one, Haze definitely doesn't need to see Ark in an outright rage.

The guy can go completely ballistic along with his wolf, Onyx. They both have this unique untampered temper that seems like it hides deep within them and only comes out when Ark or Onyx both feel the least bit threatened.

Eventually, I got Haze settled down in my bedroom while letting her watch some series that she's addicted to on Netflix.

While she is busy with her program I decided to make us both a small dinner as we both wait for the others return.

Now I'm in my kitchen busying myself with preparing a small meal of Alfredo Pasta along with some garlic bread for us to enjoy.

As I'm sliding the garlic bread into the oven, Haze suddenly enters into my kitchen looking more ravishing that I even thought was possible.

I close the oven door then turn around to her to give her my full attention as she takes a seat on my kitchen stool at my island right across from me.

She notices the array of vegetables laid out on the island for me to whip an easy garden salad up to go along with our meal.

Taking note that she hasn't ushered a single word to me since she came sauntering into the room, I decided to keep myself busy by cutting up the vegetables laying before me to focus on them instead of focusing directly on her.

While slicing through a red ripen tomato I couldn't take the daunting silence that is hanging between us any longer, so I broke the tension that's between us with a simple ass question.

"What did Dayna want to talk to you about?"

"She just wanted to apologize to me about the way that she's been treating me. She said that she bowed down to peer pressure because of Izzy but that she longer wants to follow in Izzy's footsteps like she has been doing." Haze states as she grabs a piece of sliced tomato from off of the dinner plate.

She doesn't hesitate before she pops it right into her mouth as I peer over at her with great intensity. The tomato juice runs down the side of her chin slowly as she chews on it and for some strange reason I feel the sudden urge to want to lick that juice right off her chin with my own tongue.