chap 14

I was sitting on the window watching outside enjoying the beauty of nature. It never stops to amuse me.

" Vidhya someone has come to meet you. Come down ma " Amma came and informed.  Though I didn't want to meet anyone I nodded my head indicating that I will come down.

After few minutes I wore my shawl covering myself properly and went down slowly. As I reached down I could see someone sitting on the sofa.  The figure seems familiar but I couldn't pinpoint it.

As I reached the last step the person turned around and looked at me smiling.  It was Dhruv's father. He was sitting infront of my father and other.

I smiled as I saw him . I went there and stood beside my mother. He patted the place beside him indicating me to sit beside him. He placed his hand on my head and smiled at me.

" I'm sorry beta. I shouldn't have removed the security around placed by my children " he spoke looking at me.

" no... don't say sorry , it's fine " I said not knowing what to tell him.

" it's not fine beta. Dhruv came clean on whatever he did and he has been punished for that. Yeah along with him the other two are also being punished. I know those rats of mine are possessive on you , that's why I cut off all their means to know any news about your family.  But I never thought it will have this huge impact on you " he said.

I sat there awkwardly not knowing what to say.

" you are Dhruv's father " Yagan maama questioned him to which he nodded his head. I could see maama getting angry. He left from there before he would say something wrong.

" Do you have any idea who could have done this beta " Dhruv's dad asked me. I was fidgeting with my fingers.

I looked at my father first and then at my Swathi chithi and then looked at my hands again.

" maybe she doesn't want to speak about it let it go " Aadhav anna said.

" Shekar's son ( So those who don't know who shekar is.. it was one of Swathi's rapist ) " I said still not looking at anyone.

" the same Shekar whom I'm guessing right beta " Dhruv's dad asked me again to which I nodded my head.

" how are you sure it's his son " Swathi chithi asked.

" I matched the pictures " I mumbled.

None of the kids in the family knew about the past she went until one day I stumbled upon it in search of something else.

" I have already kept my men around you so you don't have to be scared to go out or do whatever you want beta.... everything will be fine " he told me

" I'm not scared of him " I told him.

" ofcourse you won't be, my devils would have taught you self defense" he said to which I smiled at him.

" They are planning something big I can't stop them this time " he said looking at my father to which he nodded his head.

" I forgot to give this to you " he gave me basket full of sweets making me smile.

" specially made for you by my lady " he said patting my head....

********

Slow updates.... but one day I will complete the story I hope..