chap 13

The whole family returned back and everyone were upset hearing whatever happened with Vidhya. Nithya never stopped crying after hearing everything.  Swathi was trying her level best to console her. It wasn't that easy for Ashwin to bring Vidhya out of jail without her cooperation.

Neither She was ready to meet anyone nor she was ready to confess anything. So it was difficult for Ashwin and Swathi.

Finally after one week using everyone's connection and power they brought Vidhya out of jail.

Vidhya's pov :

I never spoke to anyone. I felt it was useless to explain myself to anyone. Why should I care what others would think of me.  When I was informed in the jail that my family wants to meet me but I refused bluntly.

I just didn't want to face anyone. No one was there when I need them. I know I can take care of myself but still that little part in me ached for them at that heckless moment. Now I cared less.

A week later I was informed that I was to be released from jail. I hated going back to that home. I don't want to be with any of them. It felt like I'm living among strangers. Everything and everyone felt strange to me.

My father and Ashwin uncle were  waiting outside the jail. As my father approached me I stopped him by showing my hands.

" I don't want anyone's pity. " I said and got inside the car.  I noticed that the direction of the car is different. It was the way to Yagan maama's house. I just want to be alone but why don't no one let me.

As I reached the house my mother hugged me and cried. I winced in pain as it hurt the wound. I didn't hug her back or say anything. I walked towards my room. Since we stay here many times I have a separate room in this house for me .

I looked at myself in the mirror.  I loathed myself.  I opened the cupboard  and took out the scissors. I closed my eyes and sighed.  Opening my eyes I cut my knee length hair upto my neck. Hereafter my hair would never be my beauty.

I put the hair in the dustbin and lit fire on it. My anger couldn't be reduced. Seeing it burn only increased my anger.

" Vidhya " I heard my father screaming but I cared less all I wanted to see my hair into ashes. He pulled me into his embrace but my whole attention was on the fire.

" don't " I said as Atharv maama tried to off the fire with water.  He stopped as I said so. I came out of my father's embrace as the fire died out and went to the bathroom.

I removed my clothes and stood infront of the mirror. Looking at the wound and scars on my body I felt tarnished of myself.  Though I prevented myself from being raped I felt like my body is touched by someone who shouldn't have.

I bathed on very hot water that whole body became red and my wounds were burning.  I felt it's fine than the pain I'm feeling inside.....