𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐒

2023

"Jungwon-ah~" Chaeri cooed as she walked into the maknae room.

Jungwon looked up from his phone, "Yeah, love?"

Chaeri pouted slightly as she sat down next to him, "Genuine question. You have to answer it truthfully." She said sternly. "Hey, hey, no, no, don't laugh!" Her words were drowned out by Jungwon's constant giggles

"Oh come on, Chae, when you say stuff like that I cannot take you seriously!" Jungwon complained.

"Okay, whatever," Chaeri waved her hand dismissively. "My question is: Out of the two of us..." Jungwon was trying very hard not to laugh at his girlfriend's antics. The way she was saying the words slowly. "Am I the red flag?"Jungwon blinked at her. Waiting for her to say sike or something. But Chaeri just pursed her lips together and crossed her legs on the bed. "Am I?"

Jungwon shook his head, his hand intertwining with hers, "Chae, where in the world is this coming from?" He asked, slightly amused.

Chaeri sighed. "So basically on tiktok earlier this morning, it was saying that if your partner doesn't have the red flags. Than it must be you. And I didn't think much of it. Until like five minutes ago I saw like a list of red flags. And I had almost all of them? So now I'm worried." She admitted.

"Ohhhh." Jungwon cooed. "I really need to delete that app off your phone." He said with a small laugh.

Chaeri buried her face in her hands. "I know!  But like they were scary accurate.  And now I'm terrified that you actually hate 99% of me because I do all of those things."

Jungwon nodded, "And what were those things?" He asked.

"Overthinking, self-destructing habits, anxious attachment styles, avoids problems until they blow up on my fucking face? I kind of check off all those boxes." Chaeri listed. She sighed. "I'm sorry I know it's stupid. But I couldn't stop thinking about it. I mean like— it's so hard to explain. But I hate it."

Jungwon frowned, his laughing face was gone. Serious concern was evident in his eyes. "Chae... just because you have all those things doesn't mean you're any less lovable. Did you really think because I'm— supposedly, 'perfect'" he did air quotes around the word, "that you're not? Come on, Chae. I love every single little thing about you. Sure yes, you do happen to check off those boxes, but that's you and the way you are. I wouldn't date you for three years if I didn't love you 100%.  I love every little thing about you.  Okay?  So don't think like that." Jungwon smiled softly. "And get off tiktok for a little bit, okay?"

Chaeri laughed quietly, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Thank you, Wonie." When Jungwon suddenly brought her into a hug she smiled.

"Every little quirk about you I adore." Jungwon said softly.

"I love every little thing about you too." Chaeri agreed. Burying her face in the crook of his neck.

"But there is one red flag you have..."

Chaeri straightened immediately, "What's that?"

"You're impossible to wake up!" Jungwon complained, a teasing grin on his face.

"I—" Chaeri groaned, "Oh my god! Jungwon! I thought you are going to say an actual really bad red flag." She leaned back and sighed heavily while covering her face.

Jungwon chuckled and grabbed Chaeri's hands so she'd show her face. "Even then, I still very much adore you. No matter how annoying you are to wake up." He cooed, kissing the back of Chaeri's hand.

Chaeri shook her head and got out of the bed, "No, I'm done. That was a violation."

"You asked me for the truth!" Jungwon protested as he followed after Chaeri, laughing his ass off seeing her head shake. "You are impossible to wake up!"

[a/n
As I published this I am watching the replay of the Seoul concert day 2 and omg it was such a blur they're so fine I cant 😔
But an actual explanation of this chapter is bc I saw a tiktok and was oh my god am I the red flag 😭 so here it is]