𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐑𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄: 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐔 𝐩𝐭. 2

Description: Secret relationship between the princess (Chaeri) and her knight (Jungwon). Maybe connected to the last Royal AU chapter? But it's not specified. Slightly suggestive if you stare long enough but nothing crazy.

"Princess!" Chaeri turned her head around and saw him running down the halls towards her and her maids. Chaeri had to bite down an amused smile as he caught up to them.

"Why hello Jungwon." Chaeri said sweetly, letting the knight walk along side her.

Jungwon frowned at her, "You know you're not supposed to wander without me."

"In my own castle? Really Jungwon?" Chaeri mused. She looked at her maids, "You two may go and get my dress ready for the banquet later tonight." She instructed. The two maids glanced at each other briefly before bowing to Her Highness and taking off.

Jungwon held out his arm to Chaeri, "This way." Curious on where Jungwon was taking her, Chaeri hooked her hand around his arm and let him lead the way. But soon curiosity turned into suspicion when Jungwon led her to the small empty wine cellar that no one used in the castle.

She watched as Jungwon made sure no one saw them and closed the door, locking it as well, "Jungwon, why did you bring me into an empty—" Chaeri was cut off when Jungwon pressed his lips against hers. Pulling her flush against him from her waist.

This kiss was different from most of their other ones. Usually they were sweet and short as they could not risk getting caught. But this time Jungwon did not seem keen on letting go, even if he needed to breath. Chaeri melted into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck, running her fingers through his soft hair.

To her surprise, Jungwon pressed Chaeri against the locked door, moving his kiss againts her lips to across her jaw and towards her neck, "If you leave any trace, I will murder you." Chaeri mumbled softly.

"You don't have the ability to do so, your highness." Jungwon said softly against her neck.

Chaeri hummed, "You're right. But I can just always put in an order to have you thrown in the dungeon."

Jungwon laughed and just let his face rest in the comfortable crook of the princess's neck, "I'd still love you even if you did."

"Uh huh." Chaeri cupped Jungwon's face and made him looked up, "So why did you bring me down to the wine cellar? Is that really how you wanted me? In a dingy room that reeks of the plague?"

"You know damn well I wouldn't do that." Jungwon huffed earning a small laugh from Chaeri. "It would have been much more romantic, trust me. And cleaner. I just missed you." He excused.

"You are assigned to my side for all hours of the day. And you are stationed outside my chambers for half the night." Chaeri pointed out. "How could you miss me?"

"I missed this." Jungwon exasperated, rolling his eyes, before giving Chaeri a quick kiss on her temple.

Chaeri snorted, "You just missed my kisses."

"And your hugs. Your touch. Your love and affection. Words that are said for me and me only."

"Go on." Chaeri prompted, feeling highly entertained.

"I missed the way you wrap your arms around my neck when we kiss. When you tangle your hands in my hair. The way you press your hands against my face. The way you look at me. A look that makes me willing to burn the world for you." Jungwon finished, smiling, certainly happy with himself.

"Hm, well, that could all be fixed if you could just let me go talk to my father." Chaeri muttered.

Jungwon frowned, "You know we can't do that. Not until I move up in ranks. I don't want you to make a decision you will regret."

Chaeri mindlessly ran a finger down Jungwon's jawline, "And how much longer will that take? It's stupid having to sneak around. You're not liking it and neither am I."

"Soon, Chae, I promise. There are talks about having a new lieutenant being needed. If I get the rank, it will be much easier." Jungwon sighed seeing Chaeri's pout, "Love, I promise that we won't have to sneak around soon enough. Just be patient with me, okay?"

Chaeri smiled softly, "Fine. But we should go, that banquet is quite important to my mother and if I am a second too late, I will be in quite the predicament."

"Then I shall have the honor of escorting you." Jungwon decided. "Oh and let me..." Chaeri laughed as he fixed the neckline of her dress that he may or may not have messed up in the moment. As well as tucking messy strands of hair away from her face.

"I love you." Chaeri mumbled as Jungwon stepped back.

Jungwon pressed a kiss against Chaeri's forehead, "I love you too, princess."

[a/n... So I got this idea off a tumblr prompt 😜and I think it's really cute. That's all your author has to say lmao. Have a great day guys!]