𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐑𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄: 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐔

"Yah!  Yang Jungwon!" A young girl screamed, "Stop practicing so much!  You're shaking the gazebo."

The boy next to her spun his sword and jabbed at the air again, "But princess, how am I suppose to conquer lands for you if I can't even swing a sword?" His voice laced with sarcasm.

"Stop calling me princess! I'm not even crown princess yet. I told you, call me Chae or Chaeri." The girl grumbled.

Jungwon laughed and leaned down close to Chaeri's face, "You're too easy to annoy."

"Yah!" Chaeri pushed him away, "I'm trying to study! Why don't you practice somewhere else? Or bother someone else! Like Heeseung or Jay!"

"You know, when I leave for military duty, you're going to miss me soooo much." Jungwon shrugged, "Enjoy my presence while you can."

"Like I will."

Jungwon smirked, "I'm going to be your knight, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Chaeri scoffed, "And only my knight. When I'm queen, I can send you to the farthest lands. Or the dungeon."

"You can't throw your future husband in jail." Jungwon said matter-of-factly.

"Future husband?!" Chaeri repeated, "Excuse you! Father said I could choose any man in the world. And I'm certainly not going to choose you."

Jungwon grinned, "Even if it's not me. I'll travel the lands for you to prove my worth, then come back and ask for your hand in marriage." He said confidently for a ten year old. 

Chaeri reached up and flicked his forehead, "You'll be traveling for a long time then."

Chaeri stared at the gazebo outside her bedroom window. When she said he'd be traveling for a long time, she didn't really mean it. It's been exactly three years since Jungwon left for his military duties. Before he left, he promised to send letters monthly. But then it turned to every two months. Then six, then a year, then no more.

Chaeri stood up and walked to the long chest at the foot of her bed. Carefully she opened the chest. Inside was a long silver sword with emeralds encrusted into the handle. Chaeri picked it up and read the engraving on the blade

My one and only knight

She had it engraved for Jungwon on his 16th birthday as a gift. When he left, he left it in Chaeri's possession. So she "would always have him to protect her."

"Idiot." Chaeri mumbled as she swung the sword around. Deciding it's been long enough for the sword to sit in a dusty box, she walked outside to the gazebo.

It was safe to say that Chaeri barely remembered anything that Jungwon taught her about swords. She much preferred daggers. She lazily swung the sword around. Nostalgia hitting her in waves. Any time they were children Jungwon would drag Chaeri out to the gazebo and made her practice her swordsmanship.

"Has anyone told you that you have terrible form?"

Chaeri's head snapped around.  Her body stood frozen as she took in the sight.  Jungwon was standing at the doorway.  His blue and gold uniform still on, "Jungwon.."

Jungwon tilted his head, "What? Do I have something on my face?"

Chaeri dropped the sword and ran towards him. Jungwon immediately wrapped his arms around Chaeri, "I take it you missed me?"

Chaeri pushed him away but that didn't stop him from holding her around her waist, "Fucking idiot!  Why did you go silent for almost a year?" She yelled hitting him square in the chest, "I thought you died or something!"

Jungwon smiled sheepishly, "we got caught up with some bandits in the mountains, and they stole some of our supplies.  And we didn't have enough money to buy anything but food and weapons." He explained. 

Chaeri sighed and rested her head on his chest, "So.. are you just visiting?"

"About that.." Chaeri looked up expecting him to say he's leaving tomorrow, "I talked with your father and he says since I finished my three years of deployment, I can stay here at the castle as your personal guard."

"Really?!  Cause Yang Jungwon, if you're joking, I will have you beheaded."

Jungwon laughed and shook his head, "No jokes.  I'm staying here, if you'll have me as your knight."

Chaeri nodded, "You're always going to be my knight."

Jungwon kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly, "One and only."

[a/n it's so cringey but it's so cute?? I love doing little Oneshots like these.  I really have so many ideas for the other members.  So if you guys want, I can release a book with all the different Oneshots with the members paired ocs :]