𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

After our performance of Into the I-Land we read a lot of live global comments and also get to meet some global fans. I wasn't going to lie I was getting ready to cry. It was like that night where we watched video messages.

Even if there wasn't a chance I wouldn't debut, I will never forget the love and support I felt from the fans. It was really something else. Knowing that these people found safety and comfort in you was an honor. And I really wanted to repay them for how far they've gotten me.

"7 by the global votes, 1 by producers will debut in this ceremony. I'll announce the first debut member by global votes."

I tried keeping my face straight but everything was running through my head. Every possible outcome. Ever possible reaction I could have.

"The first debut member is.. Lee Heeseung."

I turned to my side with a wide grin and tackled Heeseung at the side, "You did it! You did it!" I yelled over and over again.

We all hugged Heeseung and I felt really happy for him. He did a lot for our team collectively, so he definitely deserved to debut.

Then Niki, Jay, and Jake ended up debuting. It was a blur. But I remember the small smiles on their faces even while they were crying.

But to be honest it made me more anxious watching them leave one by one. Like my chances of debuting were getting slimmer by the moment.

"Now I will announce the fifth debut member who was decided by global votes. The fifth debut member received 1,417,620 global votes, placing 2nd out of 10. This member was part of the Chamber 5 team in the last test." I sucked in a breath. It was either me, Sunoo, Sunghoon, or Jungwon.

"The fifth debut member who got 2nd in the global voting. 2nd place I-Lander. The fifth debut member is..."

"Yang Jungwon."

My body reacted quicker than I could process the information. I ran to Jungwon and immediately hugged him, "Wonie! You did it! You're debuting!" I said excitedly. I was honestly about to cry myself.

Jungwon hugged me back tightly and buried his face in the crook of my neck, "Please be next. I need you with me." He pleaded quietly as the rest of the boys congratulated him.

I separated from him, "Don't worry about me okay? This is your moment." I whispered, "Now go give your speech."

Jungwon frowned, "But Chae-"

I let go of him and pushed him forward, "Go." I said with a reassuring smile.

At least one of my worries was resolved. If only one had to debut out of the two of us, it'd be him. It always was.

When Jungwon finished his speech and started walking to the debut zone, he looked back at me, "fighting." I whispered. 

"Fighting." He replied before joining the others in the debut zone. 

"Now I will announce the sixth debut member who was decided by global votes..."

"The sixth debut member received 1,526,282 placing 1st out of 10.  This member was part of the Flicker unit in the Chemi test." So it was either me, K, or Sunghoon, "Among these three, one placed 1st.  The one who placed first in the last Concept test, will it be K?  Or he whose performance and expressions established by figure skating show high level performance in every test.  Will it be Park Sunghoon?  Or the I-Lander who earned herself the title Silent Ace by her outstanding and consistent performances.  Will it be Song Chaeri?"

"1st place I-Lander.. The I-Lander who got the glorious 1st place.  The sixth debut member is..."

"Song Chaeri."