𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐑𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄: 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐔 𝐩𝐭. 3

6th Year (1996)

"Oi! Chaerin!"

Chaeri looked up from her homework and glared at the girl who called her name. In her defense the girl was throwing some sort of glass bottle around that was filled with a pale pink liquid. "What in the bloody hell are you doing, Sooyun?"

Sooyun giggled as she waved the small bottle around and sat down next to Chaeri, "Enough with that, Chae. Just wanted to show you something we made in potions."

Chaeri put her quill down and eyed the potion suspiciously, "What is that?"

"Something i bottled when professor Slughorn wasn't looking. Not that it's dangerous... unless you drink it." She mumbled.

Chaeri's eyes widened, "Are you off your rocker?! You bottled some dangerous potion and just been letting it slosh in your bag all day?!"

Sooyun rolled her eyes, "I said, unless you drink it. I just wanted you to smell it. It smells rather odd and I wanted to see what you thought it was scented like." She excused.

"And what does it smell like?" Chaeri questioned, taking the bottle for herself.

Sooyun shrugged, "To me? Mint chocolate chip, butter beer, the library, and the green houses... and-" she cut herself off, "Yeah that's it." She said quickly.

Chaeri pulled off the stopper, "and you just want me to smell it?"

"Do I have to shove it in your face?"

"Alright, alright, calm down, I'll smell it." Chaeri sighed and carefully put the potion under her nose. Part of her was waiting for it explode in her face but it didn't. Instead she was hit with a wonderful smell. "Smells odd, does it?" She asked, looking at Sooyun who was grinning, "It smells really nice."

Sooyun gave Chaeri an amused smile, "Nice? Describe it."

Chaeri looked at her best friend weirdly. "Uh, what it smells like?"

"No, the common room- yes of course What it smells like." Sooyun groaned.

Chaeri took a whiff of the potion again, "It smells like clean cotton linens..." she hesitated, "the quidditch field and rain. Broom polishing... flower fields. Dandelions, I think." Her expression faltered when the smell changed. "And... someone's colo-why the hell does it smell like Jungwon?"

Sooyun gasped and immediately burst out laughing. Chaeri stared at her as Sooyun clutched her stomach and doubled over, "I knew it! NiKi owes me! I freaking knew it!" She yelled in between laughs, so loudly that some people were starting to stare at them.

Chaeri hit Sooyun on the back of her head, "And why's that so funny? I'm just wondering."

Sooyun let out a couple more laughs before wiping her eyes and sitting up straight, "You do realize what we smelled were completely different?"

Chaeri nodded, "Which I do find weird. What is this potion?" She held it closer to smell it again before Sooyun put the stopper back on and took it back, "Really?"

Sooyun shook her head and chuckled as she put the bottle back in her bag, "This my friend, is amortenia." Realization dawned on Chaeri, "The most-"

"Powerful love potion in existence." Chaeri finished. She clicked her tongue, "It smells different to each person based on what attracts them."

"And what did you smell?" Sooyun asked.

"The quidditch field, rain, dandelions." Chaeri said impatiently.

"No, no, you said one other thing."

Chaeri scoffed, "Completely mad, I say."

"Jungwon, is what you said, I remember correctly." Sooyun giggled, "I'm going to go have Jake smell this and see if he smells anything that reminds him of June. Bye~"

"Oh Jake!"

Chaeri gaped at Sooyun as she glided across the room and approached Jake who was helping some third year with their homework. "Why that little..."

She sighed and shook her head. But then realized something. What did Sooyun smell again? Butter beer, the common room, the green houses, and... mint chocolate chip.

Chaeri laughed to herself as she picked back up her quill, "Miyeon owes me." She mumbled.

[a/n so happy Valentine's Day to those who like to celebrate. I came up with this idea when watching a marauder's tiktok 😭 but hope you guys liked it! Sorry I haven't been posting much. My writing as been a little slow but I'm trying 😔]