Episode 5 Chapter 58

En başından başla

Kira jumped up and down excitedly. Cassie ran over to her and started jumping with her, shouting things like 'you did it, Kira!' and 'I'm so proud of you'. The excitement and proudness quickly faded after they heard couch call out Kira's name. Their proud grins were wiped off their faces as Kira ran over to where coach was standing.

"What? What's happening?" Cassie asked, running over to Scott.

"Coach benched her," he replied disappointedly.

She sighed. "Of course, he did."

Garratt walked past the two of them with a smug smirk on his face. Cassie sighed again, looking over at Scott.

"He knows, doesn't he?"

"Definitely."

The referee blew his whistle again. Scott and Cassie got into their positions. At the start, the player managed to scoop the ball up before Liam could. Then, Liam quickly shoved that player to the ground and scooped the ball up in his lacrosse stick. He tried to jump over a few players, one player being Brett, but ended up just falling over them and dropping the ball.

Cassie, Stiles, and Scott immediately rushed over to him, hearing both his and Brett's cries of pain. After asking Brett if he was okay himself, Scott and the other two quickly helped Liam off the ground.

"How hard did you hit him?" Scott asked, wiping off the dirt on Liam's arm.

"I didn't," the beta panted. "He hit me."

He looked down to his arm, causing the others to follow his league. His arm was broken. Cassie blinked at it before looking away.

"Oh, that's- mmm," she spoke, leaning her forehead on Stiles' shoulder as she shut her eyes. Stiles wrapped his free arm around her waist instinctively as he looked away as well.

Scott grabbed the arm, telling Liam to close his eyes. He took a deep breath before snapping the bones in his arm back in place, so it would heal properly. Liam cried out, feeling the overwhelming pain in his arm. By the time Scott let go, Liam's bones were back in place and healed.

Cassie turned back to them once she knew they were finished. She looked down and finally noticed Stiles' arm around her waist.

"Ahem," she cleared her throat, gaining his attention. He looked down to his arm and quickly removed it from her waist. "Thank you."

"Are you cut? Did Garratt cut you?" Scott asked Liam worriedly.

"No. No, I'm okay."

Scott looked over to where Garratt was, clear rage being seen in his eyes. "Then he missed."

"Scott, what do you mean?" Cassie questioned.

"It's Liam," he replied, looking back at Liam. "You're the one he's after."

--

"I talked to coach. I'm out for the rest of the game," Liam announced.

"Okay. That's good. You're safer at least," Cassie replied.

Kira nodded, agreeing with Cassie, and turned to Scott. "What are you gonna do?"

Scott sighed. "I don't know. Something's still not right. We're missing something."

"Guys," Stiles called, coming up to the three of them. "Lydia just broke off another third of the list."

"Am I on it?" Liam asked.

"No, but someone else is."

"Who?" Cassie questioned.

"Brett. As in the Brett that was just cut by Garratt's lacrosse stick."

"So, does that mean Brett was his target and not Liam?" Kira asked.

"Wait, the person who killed Demarco had a thermo-cut wire while Garratt has a blade inside a lacrosse stick, which means that the person who killed Demarco is possibly trying to kill Brett right now," Cassie theorized.

She looked back up at the other three who were already looking at her with stunned faces. She then widened her eyes in shock when she realized what she had just said. Before she could say anything else, Scott rushed out of there and sprinted to the boys' locker room as fast as he could.

Cassie and Stiles glanced at each other. She nodded towards the direction Scott went, telling him to go after him with her. They then sprinted after Scott.

By the time they got to the locker room, everything was already taken care of. Although, there were unconscious people lying on the floor. Cassie looked up at Scott and saw burn marks on his neck that were already healing. Her and Stiles walked into the room, still staring at all the unconscious bodies until their attention was grabbed by Scott's voice.

"I think you better call your dad."