Episode 1 Chapter 45

Scott woke up at the sight of Kira standing over him.

"He's awake. Guys, he's awake," she announced.

The rest of the pack came rushing towards him.

"Scott, you okay?" Stiles asked him.

"Yeah..." he replied as they helped him sit up. "They don't have him. They don't have Derek."

"We know, but right now, they've got Lydia," Kira said, not hiding the worry in her expression.

"Lydia? What do they want with Lydia?"

~~

"I have to admit; I don't have much experience with banshees," Araya said as she poured tea into the teacups before her.

"That makes two of us since I don't have much experience being one," Lydia replied wittily.

Araya smiled sweetly at her. "I have a feeling you underestimate your abilities, Lydia."

The strawberry-blonde narrowed her eyes at the huntress. "Trust me, you'd have better luck with tarot cards."

Araya cocked her head, her sickly-sweet smile turning into a mischievous one. "Let's find out. Tell me, which one of these men is about to die?" she asked, gesturing to the two men standing beside them as if they were guards.

Lydia turned her head to them, a slightly horrified look on her face. She stayed silent, making the woman sigh. Araya then picked up an orange and started peeling it with the same knife she was using before.

"How does it work? Do you need to touch them? Maybe I give you something they own. Or is it just a... a feeling?"

"I told you, I don't know," Lydia said, turning back to face her.

Araya narrowed her eyes at her suspiciously, not believing a single word that came out of her mouth. "Just how close to death do they have to be?"

She started tapping her finger on the knife she used, making a small clang sound. It could be heard if you listened close enough, but for Lydia, she heard it loud and clear. Lydia looked back towards the two men, listening to the sound of the knife taps. She started to realize the answer to the question. But before she could reply, Araya took the knife and threw it into the man that closer to her's chest.

Lydia stood up, screaming in shock when she saw the crime that happened right in front of her. She backed away from the table, partially scared of what just happened.

"What did you do that for?" she whimpered fearfully.

"He stole from me." Araya shrugged.

Lydia looked at the woman. "What do you want?"

"Right now? I want to know about Scott McCall. I want to know what kind of alpha he really is."

--

Lydia was forced into a room where she found Scott chained to the floor as he sat on a wooden chair. Scott was exhausted. He had just awoken from being tazed again just a few minutes before they arrived.

"Let her go," he rasped. "Look... you've got me. Just let the others go."

Lydia was pushed onto a wooden chair that was just a few feet away from Scott. The man that Araya didn't kill was chaining her ankles down to the floor. Out from the darkness came Kira who was forcefully being dragged to what looked like a control panel by Severo.

"Your hand goes here," he said, placing her hand on top of a knob. "So, let me explain what's about to happen. This one, the fox, has an immunity to electricity, so she's going to turn the dial on the alpha. If she doesn't, I turn the dial on the banshee."