Episode 2 Chapter 47

A/N: Gif above is the face claim for younger Cassie ^^

~~~

Stiles and Scott rushed over to the trunk where they put both younger Derek and Cassie in. Scott grabbed a hold of Cassie, holding her unconscious body bridal style, while Stiles grabbed Derek.

They quickly ran inside the animal clinic with Lydia who was waiting for them by the entrance. Once they got in, they could hear Deaton swipe stuff off the two metal tables. Deaton helped Stiles place Derek lie on the table while Scott laid Cassie down on the other table beside Derek.

Deaton stared at the two younger bodies in pure astonishment.

"Wow," he simply said.

"Wow? Wow, as in 'I've seen this before, and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow?" Stiles guessed. "'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

"I think you may be overestimating my abilities," Deaton replied.

Lydia stared at Cassie in pure relief. She couldn't explain in words how grateful she was when she found out Cassie was still alive. She had missed her best friend so much; she wasn't even questioning how Cassie was suddenly turned younger. Okay, she was, but mostly, she was just grateful her friend was alive.

Lydia picked up Cassie's hand and winced at the unexpected, coldness from it.

"She's cold," she informed. "Really cold."

Deaton furrowed his brows at the banshee before going to feel Cassie's hand. He then let go and went to feel Derek's hand. Both bodies were at a freezing temperature.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked concerningly.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate," he replied, shining a retinoscope in Derek's eyes before moving onto Cassie's. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So, what do we do with them?" Stiles spoke, his eyes only on Cassie.

"Until one of them wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave them here with me. They'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questioned.

"If she's alive, and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to them? Especially Cassie?" Lydia asked.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anybody but her."

Stiles scoffed softly. "And bad for everyone else."

Deaton nodded. "You guys should probably go home. They don't look to be in any danger. So, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."