Episode 5 Chapter 6

"Am I getting too close? I'm getting too close, aren't I?"

"That depends," Lydia said. "Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?"

"Yeah, I should back off," Allison breathed out.

"Alli, you're fine. Calm down."

"Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?"

"Lyds, you're not helping."

"Well, after it happened. I'm not letting him out of my sight."

"Technically, he already is out of your sight since he's in a bus and we're a couple cars away from the bus, so," Cassie corrected.

"Hm," Lydia shrugged.

"And by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door."

"For what?" Cassie and Lydia asked in unison.

When she didn't answer, Lydia spoke up.

"Was it, like, a late-night booty-call?"

"What? Ew, no. Gross, Lydia."

"Then why was he there?"

"Lyds, don't force her to tell you. If she doesn't want to tell us, then she doesn't have to."

"Thank you, Cassie."

Lydia sighed before picking up a large, hardcover book. The girls sat in a silence as Allison drove, following the big, yellow school bus. After a few minutes, Lydia sighed again and closed the book.

"So, is that whole "not let them out of your sight" thing literal or a general rule?" she spoke.

"Why?"

"You're running on fumes."

Allison looked at her sensor for gas and saw that it was almost empty. She groaned in annoyance.

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota."

"What if we stop?"

"Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, so we lose them. We know where they're headed."

"She's got a point. We already know where they're going so, we can just continue our journey after getting more gas."

"Neither of you saw what happened."

"I know who started it," Lydia muttered.

"Is that what Aiden told you?"

"Aiden? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second. Is that why you invited me on this whole little road trip thing?" Allison stayed silent. "Oh my gosh, you're keeping an eye on them and me."

"So, there's nothing going on between you two?"

"I'm appalled by the insinuation."

Allison and Cassie grinned teasingly at the strawberry blonde. "Nothing?" they both said.

"Nothing," she deflected.

"Mhm, sure, sure," Cassie hummed.

The two girls stared at Lydia in disbelief as she was reapplying lipstick. She noticed the stares and asked a harsh "what" that stopped their staring. Allison looked at Cassie through the rear-view mirror and the witch just shrugged at her.

Allison suddenly slammed on the brake when she saw that the cars in front of her, including the bus, had stopped. A few more minutes passed. Cassie's phone started to ring, and Allison and Lydia looked at her. She fished her phone out of her purse and saw the caller ID.