Episode 13 Chapter 24

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?"

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles added to Scott's question.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison added.

"They're all locked up because they're insane," Issaac replied.

"Ha," Stiles deadpanned. "Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is a new thing to me," the beta retorted.

"Hey, dude, are you still milking that?"

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that."

"Hi," an unfamiliar voice greeted. "Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about."

Everyone looked at her, curious to what she had to say.

"There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called 'Bardo'. It literally means 'in-between state'. The state in between life and death."

"And what do they call you?" Lydia asked in a bit of a harsh tone.

"Kira," Scott answered for them. "She's in our history class."

"So, are you talking about Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asked.

"Either, I guess," she replied, sitting on the empty spot next to Cassie. "But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see. Some you hear. And you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Wrathful deities? And what are those?" Issaac questioned.

"Basically, like demons," Cassie answered before Kira, still taking in all the information the new girl has told them.

"Demons," Stiles repeated. "Why not?"

"Hold on," Allison spoke up. "If there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?"

"Death. You die," she simply replied.

The pack all glanced at each other worriedly, thinking the exact same thing.

--

"Hey," Stiles greeted, running up to Cassie to catch up with her.

"Hey. What's up?"

"So, Scott and I are gonna go to the animal clinic to get some answers from Deaton. Do you wanna come with us?"

"Sorry. Lottie's actually supposed to pick me up right now and take me shopping the rest of the day. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, Cass, of course it's okay. Spend time with your sister. I don't mind."

She sighed. "Okay. Um... text me if you find something out?"

He nodded.

Just in time, as if on cue, a black motorcycle with gold lining drove into the parking lot. The driver stopped right in front of Cassie and Stiles. The driver took off her helmet, revealing a helmet haired Lottie. She shook out her wavy hair before turning her head to Cassie.

"You ready?"

Cassie grinned. "Hell yeah."

She excitedly sped walked to Lottie and took the extra helmet she offered to her. She got on the motorcycle, sitting right behind Lottie. She looked at Stiles, who had a small smile on his face.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Stiles," she said before putting on the helmet.

"Ready?" Lottie asked, putting her helmet back on.

Cassie wrapped her hands around her sister's upper part of her waist tightly. "Ready."

Lottie revved the engine, making the motorcycle let out a loud roar of life. She lifted her feet off the ground and started driving.

Stiles watched as the two sisters drove away. He was happy for Cassie. The only time he had ever seen her that happy and comfortable was when she was with Em. He was happy that she had someone else to be like that again. He missed that side of her. The side of her that only her sisters brought out.

--

"What do you think of..." she paused to lift up a mustard yellow dress. "This dress."

"Hmm," Cassie hummed, thinking of what to say. "I think it's good for date night. Are you dating someone back in Boston or something?"

"Hah, like dad's ever gonna let me date before I graduate," she commented. "Speaking of dating, how the hell did you convince dad that you could date that, uh..."

"Stiles?"

"Yeah, him."

"Well, uh... I started dating him without dad knowing at first. Then mom found out but she decided she was gonna keep it a secret. Then I decided to tell dad. He tried to tell me to break it off but I didn't listen so he just gave up."

"Do they like him?"

"Hah, no. Especially mom. She thinks he's a bad influence."

"Please, if anyone's a bad influence, it's me. I skipped school a bunch of times and snuck out of the house for parties."

"And how did you get a scholarship to Harvard?" Cassie questioned.

"I honestly have no idea. I'm convinced mom and dad bribed the principal."

Cassie laughed at her sister's small comment. She didn't realize how much she had missed Lottie until they got to spend time together again. But somehow, spending time with Lottie also made her feel like someone was missing. And she knew exactly who that someone was.

"Hey, you remember when it was Halloween and we went as the Hocus Pocus sisters?" Lottie spoke, breaking the small silence between them. "And when you were in middle school-"

"We went as werewolf, witch, vampire."

"Yeah. You practically begged not to be the witch."

Huh, ironic.

"I was the werewolf, you were the witch, and Em..."

Lottie sighed when she heard Cassie trail off. She grabbed the younger girl's hands and rubbed them gently with hers.

"Listen, you know it's okay to grieve, right?"

"Yeah. It's just- it feels like something's still missing. Like there's a part of me that's not there anymore."

"And that's okay. You guys were closer with each other than anyone else in the family. It's gonna feel like that for a while, but it's all gonna be okay in the end."

Cassie nodded as she listened to Lottie's words.

"I really missed you," Cassie spoke, changing the subject.

"Awh. I really missed you too, sis."

The two sisters pulled each other into a tight hug. Cassie closed her eyes shut, trying to not let any tears fall in the emotional moment since they were in a public place.

I miss you too, Em.

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. This was more of a filler chapter and I wanted to try and keep my chapters more organized. I hope you guys enjoyed it though!