Chapter 34

Vanessa arrived home with a disappointed look on her face. She tossed her keys into the ceramic bowl full of other keys.

Cassie heard the front door open and close and immediately rushed downstairs. Apparently, Lottie also came down with her. Despite her mom's distraught expression, she still needed to ask.

"Did you find him? Did you find Stiles?"

The woman shook her head. "No, but we'll find him, alright? He'll be okay, Cassie."

Cassie's shoulders sank as the eagerness in her eyes faded away into worry then loss of hope. She sighed as her expression became discontented. The teen girl stayed silent as she just made her way back up the stairs and to her room.

She closed the door of her room, feeling dissatisfied with herself. She kept telling herself that she should've been out there trying to find Stiles as well. She found him before, she could do it again.

Cassie turned around and her eyes met another pair of familiar ones. She yelped out of surprise and started throwing things that were closest to her towards the figure, not bothering to look up to see who it was.

"Ow! Cassie, stop! Cassie! It's me!"

She stopped throwing things and looked up to see who it was. She was flooded with relief when she saw who it was.

"Stiles fucking Stilinski, you scared the shit out of me!" she shouted, walking up to him and slapping him harshly on the arm.

"Ow! Okay, I'm sorry. Just hear me out, alright?" She stood back with her arms crossed across her chest. "I have a theory that the nogitsune is inside me."

"No kidding!"

"Let me finish!" he interrupted. "And because of that, I think I was the one who caused the accident that happened the day I was doing tests at the hospital."

"Stiles, we already figured all that out. Well, I already figured all that out," she deadpanned.

"Cassie, let me explain a bit, okay?" He paused to pick up a thickly folded piece of paper that was on Cassie's desk. "You see this? This is a blueprint of the hospital's electrical wiring," he said as he unfolded the paper. "You see all these markings in red? That's my handwriting."

"I don't get it. I mean, why would you, or, uh, the nogitsune, do that?"

"That's what I've been thinking, but maybe this all could be a part of something bigger."

"Bigger? Like how? Does it want revenge or something? And if so, what does it want revenge for?"

"All very good questions that I do not know the answer to," he replied. "I have to go tell Scott and the others about this but promise me that you won't tell anyone that you saw me."

"Stiles, I have to tell someone. Like, I don't know, your dad?"

"Cassie, please."

A wave of shock flickered in her eyes. Cassie. He has never called her 'Cassie' before. It was always just, 'Cass'. Suspicions started to overfill her mind. Was this really Stiles? Or was this the nogitsune? There was only one real way to find out.

"Alright fine. I won't tell anyone."

"Thank you." He gave her one final kiss on the forehead before turning to go out her window.

"Hey, Stiles?" He jerked his head back and responded with a simple hum. She began walking up to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stared at him with a love filled expression. "I love you. So much, Stiles Stilinski. I'm so glad that you're safe."