Episode 10 Chapter 14

"Derek?" She called out. "Derek, where are you?"

"I'm right here."

"Oh, thank god," she sighed, running up to him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

He reluctantly wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her back.

She pulled away. "Something happened at the recital at the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

"From who?"

"Scott. Stiles, Cassie," she replied. "They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise."

She glanced at his lips before looking back into his eyes. She smashed her lips onto his. When she felt that he didn't kiss back, she pulled away.

"They're already here, aren't they?"

Derek looked behind her. The three came out from behind the wall on cue. She looked behind her and looked at them with a loathful look.

"So... they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people," Scott corrected.

"Oh, that's right," she chuckled. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked, his voice breaking and his eyes full of tears threatening to spill.

"How should I know?" She looked back at Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

He looked at them.

"Derek, listen to our heart beats. Do you think we'd really be lying about this?" Cassie spoke, tears running down her cheeks.

He looked back at Jennifer. "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?"

She shook her head. "No."

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia," Scott said.

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that," she denied defensively.

"What do you know?"

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your heard with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way."

"What if we can?" Scott challenged, holding up a jar of white ash.

"What is that?" she asked fearfully.

He stepped forward, unscrewing the lid off the jar. "My hoss told me it's a poison and a cure... which means you can use it... and it can be used against you."

"Mistletoe?"

He threw the mistletoe from inside the jar at her. She screeched, revealing her true self as the mistletoe spread to the air around her.

After the mistletoe revealed that the three were correct and Jennifer was the darach, she tried getting away. Cassie ran after her despite Scott's orders to stop and pushed her to the wall. She held her to the wall with her hands on her chest.

"Wait, Cassie, wait!" Jennifer pleaded. "You need me."

"How could you? How could you kill her? Why? Why did you kill her? Why her?"