Episode 1 Chapter 1

"Hey, Cassie, can we talk?"

"Sorry, Em, but I need to pick Alli up from the airport, but afterwards we can talk all you want," Cassie replied, gathering her stuff.

"Actually, I'd prefer if we could talk right now."

"Okay..." she paused and grabbed Em's hands. "What's wrong?"

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"What? Em..."

"It's just... ever since we've moved here, you've been... different. Secretive."

"Em, I'm not hiding anything from you."

"You're saying those words, yet your eyes tell me something different."

She looked away guiltily. She hated lying, especially to Em. Anytime she did lie, she felt this overwhelming feeling of guilt afterwards.

"You are hiding something from me. I can see it in your eyes," Em said. "Why don't you trust me? We used to tell each other everything."

"I do trust you, Em. It's just that... it's not just my secret, it's someone else's too."

"I don't believe you. We tell each other everything. You even told me about the panic attacks you used to get. Why can't you tell me this?"

"Em..."

"No. I want to know. You may think you're protecting me but you're just hurting me even more. I want to know what you're hiding from me!"

"Em, trust me, you don't."

"You don't get to make that decision for me. I want to know."

Em crossed her arms and looked at Cassie with pleading eyes. Cassie sighed and looked at her watch.

"I have to go pick up Alli," she muttered, grabbing her stuff and car keys.

She walked past her and out her bedroom, leaving Em there to her thoughts.

--

"It is not a double date, it is a group thing," Lydia defended.

"Do they know it's a group thing? 'Cause I told you that I'm not ready to get back out there."

"Yeah, Lyds. She needs some time to move on."

"Hold on, so Allison was in France and didn't do any dating for four months."

Allison shrugged. "Did you? I mean after-"

"Do not say his name," the strawberry-blonde interrupted.

"Don't worry, she doesn't allow me to say his name either."

"Is he okay? I mean, did everything work out?"

"The doctors looked like total idiots when he turned up alive, but everyone got over it. And yes, Derek taught him the werewolf 101, like how not to randomly kill people during a full moon."

Allison turned her head to look at the strawberry-blonde who was in the back seats. "So, then you've talked to him?"

"Uh, not since he left for London," she replied.

"You mean since his dad moved him to London, thank god for that by the way," Cassie corrected.

"Whatever, he left. And seriously? An American werewolf in London? Like that's not gonna be a disaster."

"So, you're totally over him?"

"Would I be going on a double date if I wasn't?" Both Cassie and Allison chuckled. Lydia rolled her eyes at the two of them. "Yes, it is a double date. It's not an orgy."

"Awh, that's gross, Lyds."

"You'll live."

Cassie slowed her car down at the red light. She looked at her left and saw a familiar baby blue jeep pull up next to them. She smiled politely when she saw Stiles in the driver's seat before turning her attention back onto the girls.

"Alli, it's your ex," she teased.

"What? Scott is not-" her smile disappeared when she made an awkward eye contact with Scott. "Oh my god. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I can't see him, not now. Cassie, drive."

"Alli, it's literally a red light."

"Just go! Go!"

"Okay! Okay!"

Just as Stiles was rolling down his window to say hi, Cassie stepped on the gas pedal and sped away. Allison sighed in relief when she saw the jeep disappearing in the distance.

"You alright?" Lydia asked. Allison nodded.

Allison looked back at the jeep and then turned to Cassie. "Cassie, stop. We need to go back and talk to them."

"Jesus, make up your mind."

She pressed down on the brake with her foot, stopping the car gracefully. The three girls looked back at the car.

"They stopped, too," Lydia pointed out.

"Why would they stop?" Allison asked.

"It's Stiles and Scott. You really want to try applying logic to those two?" Lydia asked rhetorically.

"Maybe we should go back-"

The girls screamed loudly when a deer suddenly came crashing into the windshield, shattering it into pieces. They got out of the car as quickly as they could. Once they stepped out, they tried to slow down their breathing. Cassie stared in horror at her now wrecked car. Stiles came up to her grabbed her arms.

"Are you okay-"

"My car! It's totally wrecked. All my money just went down the drain!" she sobbed dramatically.

Stiles brought her head to his chest and awkwardly hugged her waist as he tried to comfort her. "It's okay, it's gonna be alright."

"No, it's not gonna be okay! This car cost twenty-five thousand dollars!"

"Twenty-five thous- I mean, uh, it's not that much."

"I saw it's eyes right before it hit us," they heard Lydia said. "It's like it was crazy."

"No, it was scared." He paused to touch the lifeless body of the deer. "Actually, terrified."