Episode 1 Chapter 2

"Freshmen," Lydia said. "Tons and tons of fresh men."

"You mean fresh boys," both Allison and Cassie said in synch.

"Lydia, they're fourteen."

"Eh, some are more mature than others," she replied.

"You know, it's okay to be single, Lyds. You could focus on yourself more for a little while and work on becoming a better person."

She scoffed. "Says the girl who's in a perfectly healthy relationship."

"Wha- okay, Alli, back me up here." The brunette stayed silent. "Oh, wow, okay. You guys are just ganging up on me now, okay."

"Besides, I don't want a boyfriend. I want a distraction."

She stopped talking when she spotted a pair of twins walking. Both Cassie and Allison turned to see what she was looking at.

"Brothers?"

"Twins," Lydia and Cassie corrected at the same time. Although Cassie's tone was more annoyed and horrified while Lydia's was flirtatious.

--

The three girls walked inside their new English class. Lydia took the seat beside Stiles while Cassie took the seat in front of him, leaving Allison to sit in the only empty seat left which was in front of Scott.

As Cassie was looking through her bag, she felt a tap on her shoulder from Stiles. When she turned to look at him, he was holding out her pencil. She rolled her eyes at him playfully before taking the pencil out of his hand.

"So, you're the one that took my pencil."

"Yep. I just wanted to talk to you."

"A simple hi would've sufficed," she chuckled.

Just as she back turned around, there were numerous cell phones buzzing, including hers. She picked up her bag to get her phone out. She paused when she saw Stiles holding out her phone to her. She scoffed at him before taking the phone out of his hands and opening the text message.

""The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness"," said a feminine voice, reading the text message out loud. "This is the last line of the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone."

Just as Cassie shut off her phone, she felt Stiles snatch it away from her hand. She watched as he put both her phone and his phone in his bag.

"Seriously?" she whispered.

He looked at her with an innocent smile and shrugged. "Pay attention."

She scoffed at him again, shaking her head, before turning back to the front of the class. She copied down the notes on the board in her notebook, her leg bouncing up and down.

"Mr. McCall," the mystery teacher called out. She wiggled her finger, signaling for him to come to her. He gathered his stuff and left the classroom with the teacher following behind.

She shrugged lightly before going back to finishing her notes. Once she was finished with the, which didn't take long, she pulled all her hair to one shoulder and leaned back on her seat. She played with the ends of her hair, waiting for some more instructions, when she heard Stiles ask Lydia a question.

"Hey, Lydia," he whispered before pointing to the bandage on her ankle. "What is that? Is that from the accident?"

"No. Prada bit me," she answered.