Episode 8 Chapter 11

Cassie woke up to her phone buzzing non-stop. She rolled over to her stomach and grabbed her phone from her nightstand.

108 text messages from Dork and 24 missed calls from Dork.

She yawned as she scrolled through the text messages he sent her.

Where the hell are you?
Answer my calls!!
Helloo????????
Cassandra whatever your middle name is Williams, answer my calls.
Whatever.

When you see this, come to Derek's place.

She placed her phone back on her nightstand before getting up from her bed. She went into her bathroom and splashed some cold water on her face to snap her out of her groggy state. She got out her toothbrush and squeezed some mint toothpaste on the bristles. After she brushed her teeth, she pulled her hair up into a messy high ponytail as she walked back to her bedroom. She threw on a pair of black sweats with a blue hoodie Stiles gave her on one of their sleepovers. She slipped on a pair of socks and her black and white converse before grabbing her phone and heading out.

Just as she was walking down the stairs, she heard her mom call out her name.

"Cassie."

She looked at her. "Yeah?"

"Your father and I need to talk to you."

"Can it wait until I get back?" Cassie asked, grabbing her car keys.

"No, this is serious, Cassie."

"Okay..." she sat down on the empty spot next to Vanessa. "What is it?"

"Emily's funeral is in a few weeks," Vanessa told her, not bothering to beat around the bush. "And we were wondering if you could um... do a speech for her since you were closest to her."

"Oh... um." Cassie's eyes glossed over with tears. "Can I think about it?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, of course. Just try and let us know before the funeral."

"Okay..."

She got up from the couch and walked to the front door. She gave her parents a half smile and waved goodbye to them before heading out the door. When she got in her car, she finally let her tears slip. She bit her lip, trying to mute her cries as she started the engine.

Of course, she knew there was gonna be a funeral. But she also knew the funeral represented letting Em go and moving on with their lives. She didn't want to let Em go. Em had was always by Cassie's side. And Cassie was mad at herself for not being by hers. She was mad at herself for being quick enough to save Boyd's life in the motel, but not quick enough to save Em's.

Cassie parked her car outside of Derek's loft. She wiped her tears away and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

Thank god I'm not wearing makeup today.

~~

"They were there for two days. Waiting, hiding," Cora spoke. "That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us; hide and heal."

"Okay, so is two days standard then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles asked.

Cora turned around to look at him. "Why do you care?"

"Why do I care? Let's see, because over the last few weeks, my girlfriend's best friend has been sacrificed, my best friend tried to kill himself, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, a girl I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed, my girlfriend is on the verge of having a total breakdown, Boyd was killed by alphas, I- do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, alright? For like an hour," he ranted.