Episode 6 Chapter 9

Stiles woke up in the bus seat he slept in, stretching out his arms. He quickly opened his eyes when he realized that Cassie wasn't with him. He ran out the bus, but careful so he wouldn't wake anyone up. There, he saw Cassie sitting on the ledge of the roof. He sprinted as fast as he could to the stairway to the roof.

Cassie turned back when she heard the entrance of the stairway open. She smiled when she saw Stiles come out of it, but it quickly went away when she saw his expression.

"Stiles, what's-"

"Cass, please, don't do this."

"Wha-"

"Cass, please. I know you blame yourself for Emily's death, but do not kill yourself. I care about you so much, I swear I would go crazy if you did this, so please get away from the ledge."

"Stiles-"

"Cass, please. I don't want to lose you-"

"Stiles!" she shouted, interrupting him. "I'm not trying to kill myself."

"You're not?"

"No! I'm stargazing! My sisters and I used to do it all they time when we were in middle school. I couldn't see them from the bus, so I moved to the roof."

"Oh, thank god," he breathed out.

She rolled her eyes at him playfully before getting up from the ledge she was sitting on. She walked to where Stiles was and pulled him to the ground to sit with her.

"The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?" Cassie said, turning her head to him.

He looked at her with pure love in his eyes. "I can think of someone that's even more beautiful."

She smiled bashfully, turning her attention back on the sky. He watched her as she searched the sky for more constellations. He smiled softly at her; his eyes full of nothing but adoration. She looked back at him and blushed when she saw that he was already looking at her. His smile grew bigger when he saw the redness in his cheeks.

He leaned in to give her a kiss on the lips as she leaned in as well. Their lips moved perfectly in synch. The kiss was slow, but romantic. To them, it felt like they haven't had a kiss like this in a while. They wanted to treasure it, knowing that kisses like these probably wouldn't happen for a while considering all the supernatural drama they go through daily. Her arms made their way up to his neck, making the kiss deeper, while his hands cupped her cheeks.

They pulled away when they noticed the other one needed air and pressed their foreheads against each other. They looked into each other's eyes, treasuring each second with each other. They had missed moments like these. Lately, it seemed like they could never get a moment alone together with everything that was happening.

"I'm sorry," he muttered.

She smiled, knowing what his apology was for. "It's okay."

"No, it isn't. I shouldn't have been suspicious of you like that. I should've known you wouldn't kill Emily. I'm sorry."

"I told you. It's okay. I forgive you."

He gave her a small peck on the lips before getting up from the ground. He held out his hand to help her up, but she refused to take it and got up herself. He scoffed at her and grabbed her hand, interlocking it with his.

Together, they walked back to the school bus and cuddled in an empty seat as they slept.

--

"I don't want to know. I really don't want to know," Coach said, waking all five of them up. "But, in case you missed the announcement, the meet's canceled, so we're going back home. Pack it in. Pack it in!"

Cassie groaned tiredly, putting Stiles' arm around her shoulders and leaning her head on his shoulder. She continued to close her eyes, trying to fall back asleep.

"I don't know what happened last night, but I'm pretty sure you save my life," Ethan said to Scott.

"Actually, I save your life," Stiles corrected. "But not that it matters that much. It's just- it's minor detail."

"So, I'm gonna give you something," Ethan continued, ignoring Stiles. "We're pretty sure Derek's still alive. But he killed one of ours. That means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack."

"And kills his own," Scott added.

"Or Kali goes after him, and we kill him. That's the way it works."

"You know your little code of ethics there is sort of barbaric, just FYI," Stiles added, making Ethan get up from his seat next to Scott and sit elsewhere.

"Coach, can I see your whistle for a second?" Lydia asked, getting up from her seat next to Allison. She took the whistle off from around the Coach's neck, not letting him argue.

"I'm gonna need that back," he said before walking off to go talk to Ethan.

She sat in the seat across from Scott's and blew the whistle into her hand. She showed her hand to them, revealing a powder of some sort.

"Wolfsbane," she finalized.

"So, every time the coach blew the whistle on the bus, Scott, Issaac, Boyd-"

"And Ethan," Lydia added.

"We all inhaled it," Scott realized.

"You were all poisoned by it," Allison clarified.

"So that's how the darach got in their heads. That's how he did it," Stiles spoke.

Stiles snatched the whistle out of Lydia's hands and tossed it out the window. Coach scolded at him for doing that, but it was worth it to him. Cassie lifted her head up from Stiles' shoulder and rubbed her eyes as she yawned.

"What'd I miss?"

They all glanced at each other and then at Stiles.

He sighed, getting the message. "Yeah, I'll explain it to her."

They all sent him grateful looks as he started to explain every detail of what just happened.