Episode 11 Chapter 17

Cassie sat with Stiles on the waiting chairs. She held his hand while her leg bounced up and down rapidly. Police sirens from outside caught her attention. She lightly bumped the side of his leg with her leg, signaling that the cops were here. Stiles looked up and internally groaned when he saw a familiar face. Cassie turned to him, recognizing his expression.

"What is it?" she asked him.

"Scott's dad," he grumbled, not hiding his annoyance. "He left him when he was little."

"Oh," Cassie murmured, her voice barely audible.

Stiles rolled his eyes when he saw Scott's dad standing in front of them.

"A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess," the man spoke. His eyes landed on the couple's interlocked hands. "And apparently his girlfriend. Think you guys can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

Wow, I hate him already.

"If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid," Stiles replied.

He smiled sarcastically at the boy. "Where's your dad and why's no one been able to contact him?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours."

"Is he drinking again?"

Stiles sighed, trying to contain his temper. "What do you mean, again? He never had to stop."

"But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?"

"Alright, how 'bout this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet. Start with "F", end with "U"."

"No need to play it safe, Stiles. He's a grown man. I'm pretty sure he can handle some cursing," Cassie spoke.

"You know what? You're right. Fuck you."

The man smiled at them again, trying to push down the urge to cuss at the two teens before him. "How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?"

Stiles sighed. "We don't know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevators the whole time."

"You guys aren't the ones who put the name on the doors, are you?"

Stiles looked up at him. "What name?"

--

"The word is guardian, Allison. More than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately."

"But she took Scott's mother and Stiles' father. That's not a coincidence," Allison argued.

"Yeah, I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large, block letters on the elevator doors," Stiles cut in. "That kind of felt like a warning to me."

"You know, it might've be Morrell," Cassie suggested.

"Yeah. She knows a lot more than she lets on. And she might even be trying to help us," Allison agreed.

"Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay? Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away."

"Stiles, don't give up hope," Chris advised.

"They could already be dead."

"No, they aren't because if they were, I would've had a premonition as it was happening."

"And there's something about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning, still moving pieces into place."

"And you're one of them," Allison added.

"Then let's not wait to see the next move," he said before taking off a large sheet of paper on his desk. "Everything she's done has been on a telluric current, so Melissa and the Sheriff have to be somewhere where there's currents, right? Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help."

"You seriously want to go after her?" Stiles asked rhetorically. "I mean what if she just takes you like the others, huh? No offense but what's the difference between you and them?"

Chris held up a gun. "I'm carrying a .45," he said, making the gun make a clicking noise. "Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half her skull blown off."

He threw the gun onto the table. "We've got one priority right now, and that is to find Melissa and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out. The only thing we don't have is time, which is why I need all of you."

Stiles sat in a silence, debating on what to do. He looked up at Cassie who had pleading eyes. He sighed before getting up from the chair he was sitting on and walking to the table.

"Where do we start?"

--

"The place where the sacrifices have been committed usually are different from where the bodies have been found. I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current. So, there's the school, the animal clinic, the bank."

"Wait a second, she wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?"

"Only if she didn't succeed the first time," Chris replied, putting the blue light down.

"Scott's boss," Cassie realized.

"Deaton. It was her only failure, that could mean something."

"That's just one place so far. We're gonna need a lot more help," Stiles said.

"What about Lydia?" Allison suggested.

"Lydia? What can she do?"

"She somehow ended up finding a couple of the bodies without actually looking for them,. She said she could sense it," Cassie replied before Stiles could.

"So, she's like you?"

"Hah, no because she senses it. I get a fricken montage of them dying right before my eyes."

"So, what is she then? Psychic?"

"Banshee," Cassie corrected, earning confused looks from all of them. "She's a banshee."

--

Stiles and Cassie watched as Chris and Allison loaded up on weapons. Cassie slightly smiled, kind of wanting one of her own while Stiles was slightly scared that they had a bunch of weapons.

"I thought you guys were retired," he commented.

"Retired, yes. Defenseless, no," Chris responded. "Make sure both of your phones' are on. If you heard from Scott, you let us know immediately."

"Yeah, I'm thinking that's gonna be kind of unlikely," Stiles said.

Chris looked at Cassie then at Allison. "All of you just try and remember he's just doing what he thinks is right."

Cassie looked up at the door when she felt another presence staring into the room.

"I can't shoot a gun or use a crossbow, but..." Issaac flicked out his claws. "I'm getting pretty good with these."

This was it. This was going to be how they stop Jennifer Blake.