Epilogue

(Mystery patient's POV)

"The two bodies were found at an abandoned hospital in Manchester. The bodies were decapitated and with multiple stab wounds. The bodies were identified as Felix Park and Dalion Freeman. The two were former patients of Ainsworth Mental Asylum. The police are investigating the matter, but some speculate the person responsible could have been their companion, Annabel Roth."

I smile at the mention of the familiar name. I knew this would happen one day or another. I'm surprised she waited so long to get rid of them though. Our dear Annabel has struck once again. I wonder where she is now. She won't be caught easily, that I know. I have only spoken to her a couple of times, and I would say we got along quite well.

I should feel a little sorry about the other patients. That Felix guy seemed nice. He should have let me out, but I don't hold grudges for long. Maybe I should have made my warning more clear to them. He may have thought I was talking about the world in general, or even myself. Little did he know I was talking about the witch he was bringing along. Maybe I did it on purpose. It made things much more exciting, that's for sure.

He should have been more considerate. He could have helped some other patients to escape. Who am I to complain though? I'm pretty good here. My new hospital room even has a TV. They feed me well and I've made some friends.

Some people are now crying their eyes out on the screen when the interviewer asks them some questions. They are the parents of the two guys that died. Wow, these parents either really loved them, or didn't at all and want to look like they did. If it's the latter, I'll give it to them, they are good actors. A young asian guy and a grandma come to frame, screaming in agony. The guy has a picture in his hands pointing it at the camera in hysteria.

Some detective came looking for me here. He asked me a bunch of questions. I answered all of them. Were they all the truth? No, but it brought a nice change to my day. He thought I had escaped, which might be true in the future. I haven't managed to leave yet though, which is a bummer.

Maybe these guys would be alive right now if things went differently. So many things brought them here. If the asylum wasn't built they would be alive. If their families didn't put them in the asylum they would be alive. If they got actual help from day one they would be alive. But, they are not and no one can change that; not the police, not the parents crying crocodile tears.

Little Miss Annabel is out there and I know she will strike again and when she does I'll be happy to see it on the news. Who knows, I might even join her soon. We would have fun times together. We are really similar after all, although she has a few more kills up her sleeve than me. Should I change that?

THE END

---