Branded Heart pt. 1(Bill Skarsgård)

I never liked coming to these things. These events are labeled as fundraisers, but truly they were just an excuse for the rich to dress us and be snooty.

I planned to just come, donate some cash and leave before anyone could talk to me. That is before my ex's brother spotted me. Alex sauntered over, with a smile that would set any woman's heart ablaze.

"Ms. Thomas, what a surprise." He smiles.

"Hi, Alex. What's up?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same. I thought you didn't like these kind of..get togethers."

"I don't. I came on my mother's behalf. I'll leave as soon as the donations start." I sip my champagne and Alex smiles.

"Well, hopefully you enjoy the rest of your night. And, do be careful. I hear my younger brother made it tonight. Don't want a scene." Alex smiles and grabs his glass.

"Wait, what?" I ask, but Alex just winks and leaves into the crowd.

"Shit." I mumble to myself.

I make my way outside, with my third glass of champagne and lean against the balcony railing. I look down at the beautiful gardens below, as memories flood my mind.

Bill and I used to run through the flowers as teenagers. He loved to chase and scare me at every chance.

But, he'd always apologize with a daisy. I smile to myself and sip more of my drink.

We had our first kiss on the bench outside the rose maze. And I lost my virginity in the middle of that maze.

I shake my head at the thought. Bill was always an exhibitionist. We've had sex or done sexual things in public a few times. But, my favorite time we made love was in Italy.

He took me there on our fourth anniversary. It was so romantic and Bill was the sweetest he's ever been.

I sigh,!finish my drink and head back inside. I turn towards the left, heading back towards the bar when I see him. Bill is talking animatedly to a pretty brunette woman.

I should've turned the other direction, before he saw me. But, his blue eyes found me and I felt like I'm frozen in place.

I take a deep breath and lower my head to break the contact and quickly head the other way.

I should've known better. Of course he'd be here! It is his family home after all. I feel emotion and embarrassment fill my chest and as I get to the parking lot to look for my car, he calls.

"Amber! Amber, wait!"

Shit!

I turn towards him and take a deep shuddering breath. He's still beautiful after all this time.

He's wearing a black suit, that compliments his tall and slim build. I can tell he's put on a bit of muscle and his hair is trimmed a bit. I feel those old feelings start to resurface and I groan inwardly.

"Are you leaving already?" He asks.

"Yeah..I feel tired and I can just mail in the donation." I look anywhere, but at him.

"Well, let me take you home. If you're tired, it can be dangerous to drive." He says and I frown.

"Uh.. I don't think.."

"It's not something up for debate. Now, give me your keys." He says in his domineering voice.

I sigh and push my keys into his hand. I childishly fold my arms over my chest, as Bill opens the passenger door.

I slide into my seat and lean my head back against the headrest.

When Bill gets in, I put my seatbelt on and sigh, as he starts the car.