My Sweet Widow (Geralt of Rivia fluff) pt.1

It's been six months since the passing of my husband, and I'm six months pregnant. I knew they were coming after me next... Nilfgaard.

My husband was a very powerful man but, unlike many powerful men, he used it to help people. For many years, he thwarted every attempt the Nilfgaard made, to take over. And eventually, he was betrayed.

Now, I travel with my husband's closest ally, well, one of them anyway. A Witcher, by the name of Geralt. He found me in the woods hiding, he had heard of my husband's demise and came as quickly as he could to my rescue.

Now, I live among the remaining Witchers in Kaer Morhen. I'm safe, but I can't help the feeling that my time is running out as well. My baby will inherit everything her father had and will be the biggest threat Nilfgaard will ever face.

That is why they have to kill me before my baby is born.
——————————————————————————

I wake up to the sound of a calming voice in my ear. A warm hand on my hip, I turn and see Geralt. A look of concern in his golden eyes. He stares at me, his hand going to gently stroke my cheek.

"You were having a nightmare." He whispers.

I inhale deeply and exhale slowly.

"They're coming for me." I whisper.

"I won't let anyone hurt you." He says.

I inhale a shaky breath and look into his eyes.

"Why are you risking your life for me? I have nothing to offer you. I'm a pregnant widower, I'm not important to anyone ."

Geralt sighs and looks into my eyes.

"You're important to me."

A single tear falls down my face and I frown at him.

"Why?" I whisper.

Geralt just leans forward and gently kisses my lips, pulling me against his body. My hands go into his hair and he pulls away slightly.

"You know why."

I nod and lay my head on his chest.

I am loved. I am needed. I am important.

To Geralt of Rivia.

[A/N: yes this is short

[A/N: yes this is short. Sorry✌🏾]