The King's Goddess (Loki Laufeyson Smut. & Fluff)

I sigh with irritation, as I listen to more stories of the King's previous escapades. Still, I force an amused smile and push out laughter at the appropriate times.

As the Queen of Asgard, it's my honor and duty to entertain the privileged royals around me. But, if I have to hear one more scandalous story about my husband, I'll turn this whole castle into rubble! Of course, my powers aren't as useful right now.

Even in my angry state, I feel my blood boil and I notice the steam that would rise from my deep caramel skin; but the flames that usually follow never come. The cause of my frozen mutant abilities is the bundle of happiness growing inside me.

I absentmindedly rub my growing belly, as I tune out the mindless babble. My annoyance with the childish crowd around me dies down and I'm enveloped into an inner motherly bliss. I can't describe with words the excitement and fear I have about becoming a mother.

The life growing inside me, fills me with an intoxicating sense of euphoria. Happiness isn't the right word I could use, ecstatic and pure bliss doesn't do it either. Add in the fact that my husband is the most handsome, sweet, and caring Trickster.

Of course his tricks and illusions never worked on me. I saw right through the beauty of his Asgardian facade and right into the perfect being he truly is.

"Do you grow tired of the festivities, My Love?"

His sweet words echo through my mind. I smirk to myself and take a deep breath.

Oh no, I'm actually enjoying myself. Listening to stories about my Sweet husband pleasuring others is the highlight of my evening." My venomous sarcasm was enough to hurt my husband, but the feelings jumbled up inside of me hurt him more.

Loki never likes when I'm upset. The very sadness, pain, or anger I feel is reflected in his heart as well.

Our emotions are never just ours to experience or to bare alone. We feel everything the other feels and it can be crippling.

"Oh, my love...I never knew my.. Whims would ever come back to haunt me. I feel ashamed and hurt that my past burdens you. What can I do to make it up to my Queen?"

I sigh.

I can't blame Loki for his past, just like he can't blame me for mine. But, I don't want to forgive him, not yet.

"Lady Frejah. Did you hear me?" Princess Ayana asks me and I take a deep breath.

"No, I didn't . I need to be excused, My apologies." I gather my skirts and make my way out of the grandiose dining hall.

I make my way through the opulent halls, picking up pace as I do and once I get to the huge doors, I bolt. Forcing my legs forward, I run as fast as I can, letting my anger push me forward.

I head to the only place that brings me solace in times like this. The one place that brings me peace, when my mind is a whirlwind of thoughts and problems.

My gardens.