Little Bonnie pt. 1 (Lestat Queen of the Damned fluff)

(A/N: The story starts with Bonnie when she's 8 years old. Don't worry, it's not weird♥️ )

Bonnie

I remember like it was yesterday!

My aunt Sylvia took me in after my parents died. I never saw my aunt that much, but when I did, I always remember a feeling.

A chill. Cold.

My aunt has always been very loving, but when she touched me, I'd always feel cold.

*Flashback*

"She's coming!"

I hear my aunt Sylvia yell, I wake up with a fright. Multiple people are here, I can hear their voices. I get up from bed and tiptoe out of my bedroom, I walk down the hall and peek into what's supposed to be a sitting room.

Usually it's empty and devoid of any furniture, but tonight a group of adults are sitting around my aunt.

"She's coming and I have to protect my niece! Akasha will kill her." Aunt Sylvia says.

I look around at the adults and none of them look familiar. But, they do all look like my aunt. As I'm listening to their conversation, a chill goes up my back.

I turn towards the veranda and see a strange man in black standing outside.

I slowly and quietly make my way over to him

I stand a few paces away and observe him, he's very beautiful.

Lestat

I'm alone.

Away from the insufferable worrying of the elders and able to be deep in my thoughts. Though I'm deep in thought, I'm still very aware of my surroundings and I know I'm being watched.

I smile as I hear the sweet sound of a beating heart. The only living person in this home is Sylvia's little niece and it appears that she's awake.

"Can't sleep little one?" I ask and I hear her little gasp.

I turn around to see her wide brown eyes staring at me in curiosity and a bit of fear.

"Don't be afraid. I won't bite." I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

"I'm not afraid."

I smirk and nod.

"Good."

I turn back towards the glow of the moon and sigh.

Tiny footsteps make me look down and  I see little one standing beside me.

She looks up at me with big brown eyes and I look towards the moon.

"It's late, why are you up little one?" I ask.

"I heard voices and woke up."

I smile.

"Who are all those grownups?"

"Very important people."

"They look...weird."

"Weird... as in bad?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No. Like my aunt. I never seen people who look like my aunt."

I nod. "I understand."

"So, I must look weird too." I say, more to myself.

"Yes..no.."

I smile down at her and she looks at the grass.

"You look different, but not weird."

I nod.

"Well, either way, you have nothing to worry about."

She looks up at me and I smile.

"Bonnie, what are you doing up?" Sylvia comes out and takes her niece's hand.

"Let's go back to bed."

Bonnie nods and let's Sylvia guide her back inside.

Bonnie

I let my Aunt take me back inside, but right before my feet touched the tile floor. A voice whispers softly.

"Sweet dreams, Little Bonnie."

I look back and the man is gone. But, that voice stays with me well into my adult years.