46

I woke early the next morning and had a shower. Henry was still sleeping when I came out of the shower, so I grabbed his t-shirt from yesterday and put it on to go downstairs to the kitchen and get some breakfast ready for him. I made coffee and scrambled eggs, plated it with vegetables on a tray and brought it upstairs to the bedroom. 

Henry was barely awake, so I placed little kisses all over his face and chest. That made him open his eyes. "Hi", he said with his deep, morning voice. His hair was curly, and he looked soft and lovely. I presented the breakfast tray and he sat up to eat. I joined him under the covers and fed him eggs and vegetables. 

"Are you ready for today?" he asked between bites. We didn't have long before the stylist team would arrive, so I just wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet for now, sharing breakfast with him in bed.

"I think so", I replied feeding him another bite. "I'd prefer to just stay right here with you all day, but I think I'm ready. How about you, did you prepare anything in case you win an award?"

"Mm-hmm, I wrote some notes. Jeff has them," he said before opening his mouth for a new bite. I chuckled and made him a big bite. It was comforting to know that Jeff and Glenne would be sitting with us at the show. That way, I knew there was someone I could talk to if Henry was whisked off to receive an award or talk to some of his celebrity friends.

We finished breakfast and Henry had a shower. Meanwhile I decided to check up on Adam. I sent Dan a text. 

My heart sank a little when I read his message

My heart sank a little when I read his message. I had been hoping to get some positive news, because that would make it so much easier to just step away from the situation. If I knew that Adam was fine, I could go back to not giving him a thought. But as long as he was lingering between life and death, I felt a responsibility towards his family. Just to be there for them. 

Henry came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair wet clinging to his forehead. The water droplets glistened and caught the light, adding a subtle shimmer to his hair. He was mesmerizing, his strong, muscular body damp and fresh from the shower. 

"Everything alright, love?" he asked, noticing me staring at him. 

"Mm-hmm, I just texted Dan to check on Adam. No news yet", I said putting my phone away to walk over and hug him. 

He held me tight and kissed the top of my head. I hated bringing up anything that had to do with Adam, because I didn't want Henry to feel insecure or think that Adam was on my mind all the time. 

"I feel so bad for what I'm thinking", I whispered into his chest, leaning against him.

"What are you thinking, Ellie?" He tilted my head to face him. 

I was so nervous to tell him, worried that he would think less of me. "I wish... I wish that they would just tell me if Adam's going to be okay or not, so I don't have to spend anymore time on him", I looked away, worried about Henry's reaction. I felt like I was being cold and unkind. 

"Baby, it's a natural reaction", he forced me to look at him. "You and Adam are through, you've been erasing him from your life and this situation forced him right back in. But what you need to remember is, does it matter what happens? Does it change anything for you?"

I shook my head. "Not at all. I am here, I love you and I never want to be anywhere else". 

He smiled at me and kissed me. "So fuck it, right?" He smirked and I let out a little laugh. 

***

The stylist team arrived with more equipment than I could have imagined necessary. The idea of celebrities just putting on an outfit and fixing their hair and makeup themselves was hereby debunked. I felt like I was on an episode of some makeover program, where I wasn't allowed to see myself until the grand reveal at the end of the show, where I'd weep in front of the mirror looking at my own reflection. I shared the thought with Harry, who found it hilarious.. 

My hair was the first hurdle we needed to clear. I normally just wore it loose, in a bun, or in a ponytail. I didn't have any specific routines or preferences, so I let the team decide what to do. It needed a cut, but I didn't want to go all out and cut it short. The hairdresser, Júan, believed the best thing to do was to give me a fresh cut, enhance my waves, and do a middle parting. I let him take full control.

My makeup was done by a young woman who really seemed to know what she was doing. She put layer after layer of stuff on and sprayed, brushed, and painted my face. My only wish was that it would be a fairly natural look; I wasn't really into wearing lots of makeup. With all the work she was doing, I was beginning to feel nervous that I might look far from natural and not like myself at all.

Henry swung by my station every now and again, just to gush at me, tell me something, or whisper little things in my ear. My face often revealed the nature of what he whispered. He didn't need quite as much work done as I did. I mentioned that it probably had something to do with my age, but received boos and outbursts from the stylists.

"You look 25," Júan said while styling my hair. I was sure he was flattering me, but it made me happy that he said it. I really wanted to look good with Henry and not embarrass him.

When the time came to dress me and add the finishing touches, Harry and I went into the dressing room. Harry specifically told Henry to stay out while we finished. Henry was dressed already. He looked absolutely immaculate in his jumpsuit, Adidas Gazelles, and with all his jewelry. His hair was beautifully styled as well.

Harry helped me get into my suit. He added a pair of golden hoops to my ears and, of course, my H necklace. My Gazelles were black and white with "Henry Stiles" written on them, just like Henry's. He turned me around so I could look at myself in the mirror. I was astonished when I saw my reflection. My hair was cut a little shorter, but not much. Just enough so it regained its vibrance and volume. My waves were more defined and gave a flowy look. The makeup was perfectly done. To my surprise, it suited me and didn't look unnatural or overwhelming. I even wore lipstick, which was very rare for me. I must have been quiet longer than I thought, because Harry suddenly stepped into my view, asking if I was okay."I might weep," I joked. "But no, seriously, I feel so... beautiful. Thank you, Harry." I hugged him, and he smiled at me.

"You are welcome, darling. Now let's get Henry in here," he said, making a face of excitement.