41

Luckily I was so busy with my new job that I didn't have time to worry about my parents and their opinion about my relationship. I was spending a lot of time in the house I was styling and it turned out it needed quite an overhaul. The house was actually well-maintained, but the decor had not been updated since the 1980's. Seller was an elderly couple, who didn't need all the space anymore since their kids were grown and had families of their own. 

My assignment from Gayle was to make the house appear fresh and new, no expenses spared. She was confident it would sell with a substantial profit. The area was one of the better areas in Scarsdale and it was in a good school district. 

I started out by getting the walls painted in all rooms. We needed to make it light and airy and to keep a modern style going through all rooms. Most of the rooms were carpeted, so I arranged with the construction team that they would lay new wooden floors in all rooms. There were things that needed fixing, so there was a constant buzz around the house with people working and making progress. I was feeling good about the job, enjoying the creative outlet, where I got to think outside the box as well as work with my hands.

I was in the middle of chosing new power outlets, when my phone buzzed.

I smiled at my phone and chuckled at the comical idea of me doing my job by day, and by night trying clothes for the Billboard Music Awards with my rockstar boyfriend, 11 years my junior

Since starting the job with Gayle's firm, I had met a lot of new people, but none had commented on who I was or who I was with. I wasn't sure if that was because they didn't know or if they had been told not to by Gayle. Regardless it was a relief going to work and not overhearing people talk about Henry or having people try to snap pictures of me, like some did in stores and on the street.

There would be the occasional story about Henry and me, but Henry was keeping much to the annex and so there weren't many photos of him. So most stories were about me and what I was up to. Since I wasn't up to much it got boring quickly. There are only so many stories you can write about a 40-year-old woman shopping for groceries or going to the post office, before people find it boring.

Henry had posted the photo he took in NY on Instagram and that kept the talk going on SoMe. 

I loved that he shared his feelings for me so publically

I loved that he shared his feelings for me so publically. It meant that he was serious about me,  Jeff told me on numerous occasions.  Henry never talked about the women he was dating, so this was a declaration of his commitment to me. I hadn't expected him to be open about our relationship, but the fact that he was, convinced me that he felt what I felt. It was crazy intense and it happened so fast, but it felt right. 

I was well-aware that things weren't normal at the moment. That Henry's normal looked much different from us being couped up in the annex; our little lovenest. Once he had an album out and ready to promote, he would be away for months at a time. I would have to be without him for long periods and that scared me. But I was trying so hard to be in the moment, to just enjoy what we had now and not let the future scare me. Afterall, you never know what the future brings, but you know what you have in front of you at the moment.

***

Harry had worked miracles on our outfits. He dressed Henry first. They were in the bedroom getting him into his outfit, while I sat on the couch covering my eyes, ready for the big reveal. 

"Ta-da!" Harry exclaimed as Henry came out the door. I uncovered my eyes and was absolutely astonished. Henry looked so good! He was wearing a jumpsuit, tight in all the right places and open, so you could see his tattoos. It had sleeves and on the chest there was a big, glittery outline of a heart and a thin dotted line that seemed to go from the heart outline and off his chest. 

"Oh. my. God", I exclaimed. "You look so good! Can I touch it?"

"Well depends on what you mean", Henry chuckled and Harry cleared his throat and turned around. 

I rolled my eyes at him. "Henry!" 

He laughed and let me feel the fabric of the jumpsuit. 

"It's wonderful, Harry. You did so well!" I said and touched Harry's arm. 

"Why thank you", he said and smiled. "Ready to try yours?".

I nodded enthusiastically, feeling nervous. 

We went into the bedroom and I took my clothes off, down to my underwear. First I had to put on the pants. They were made in the same fabric as Henry's suit. They were tight and hugged every curve on my body. They were cropped, reaching a bit above my ankles. They were surprisingly comfortable. I had feared the fabric would be firm to the touch and with a lot less flow. 

"Okay?" Harry asked as we looked at me in the mirror together. 

I nodded and smiled at him. "Mmmm", I hummed. 

He smiled back and started unpacking the blazer I would be wearing with the pants. He helped me slip into it and closed it before spinning me around to look at myself in the mirror. 

I wasn't prepared for what I would see. The blazer was perfectly tailored to fit me. It was a cropped sleeve blazer with folds. It was cut very low, but the perfect fit meant it didn't open. It was sparkly and beautiful. On the chest was the glittery heart that fit into the outline on Henry's suit. There was a dotted, glittery line going from the heart the opposite direction, so if we were standing next to each other they would connect. 

My eyes welled up as I looked at myself in the mirror. 

"Are you alright, darling?" Harry said and put his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled at him in the mirror and put my hand on top of his. "I'm more than alright", I said.