45

Lambert's team arrived the day before the show. There were lots of things to prepare, and not a lot of time to do it. We had arranged that Jeff and his wife would join us that evening for dinner and a red carpet crash course, as Henry liked to call it to see if they could get me ready for the craziness of the event. 

We had our nails done with Henry's own brand of nailpolish. The manicurist was a young, colorful, hip person, who was full of ideas for the style and design of our nails. In the end, we chose to have matching nails. "Why don't we write 'Henry' on one hand, and 'Ellie' on the other?" the manicurist suggested. We loved the idea! I sent pictures to the girls in our WhatsApp group, and they all agreed that we were moving into the nauseatingly cute stage of our relationship. 

Harry did a final fitting with us. The suits were impeccable, and the finishing touches that had been made, tied it all together. I had visited the lingerie specialist and was now the proud owner of a bra that held everything in place, but was invisible under my blazer. I tried jumping around, doing jumping jacks and shimmying much to Henry's amusement. Luckily the whole thing held together, so my breasts remained in place and guarded. I high-fived Harry, who was laughing along with Henry.

I stood for a while in front of the huge mirror in Henry's dressing room and looked at myself, turning my torso, looking at myself from different angles. Henry came up behind me and looked at me in the mirror.

"You're perfect", he said and smiled. "But something's missing..." he added.

He came up close to me and stretched over me, placing something around my neck. It was a golden necklace, a long, thin chain with a small pendant. The pendant was a golden H. It fit perfectly with the outfit, the golden H landing just above my belly button. I turned around and kissed him. "Thank you, I love it", I whispered and kissed him a couple of extra times. 

"I love you", he said and kissed me back. 

***

I had not met Jeff's wife, Glenne, before. She was a successful business woman with a degree from Harvard Business School. She was sweet and funny and had solid advice for me when it came to attending the BBMAs. She suggested several good poses for the red carpet, but her absolute best advice was: "Just follow H. He'll lead you".

I locked eyes with Henry and he smiled and mouthed: "Always". 

My nerves were beginning to kick in. In theory I knew what was going to go down, but in reality I had no idea of knowing how I would feel, walking down the red carpet, cameras flashing and people shouting at us. 

"Just be you. Follow Henry and don't hold back. Hold hands, embrace, you can even kiss if you want. But maybe hold back on the kissing, don't go full Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox", Jeff chuckled. That resulted in a visit to YouTube, because I wasn't brushed up on popular culture. Glenne found it hilarious and refreshing that Henry had found someone, who was just present in her own life. I took that as a compliment. 

"I've never had a date with me to an event like this, so this is very special occasion to me", Henry confided. Glenne pinched his cheek and Jeff aw'ed him, making him roll his eyes at them. "No but seriously, I want people to see you, Ellie. I want them to fall in love with you too". 

I blushed, which sent Glenne and Jeff into a new round of aw'ing and cheek pinching. 

***

We sent the two of them home in a taxi and settled in for the night. We brushed our teeth in the enormous en-suite bathroom, standing next to each other at each our sink, looking at each other in the mirror. We made silly faces and teased each other. I looked at my necklace in the mirror, twirling the H between my fingers, finding Henry's eyes in the mirror. 

"Do you like it?" he asked as he finished brushing his teeth. 

"I love it", I said and kissed him on the cheek. "In fact, I love it so much that I'm going to wear only that to bed tonight". 

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Is that so?" 

"Mm-hmm", I nodded and started undressing. First my t-shirt, then my jeans. My bra ended on the bedroom floor and my panties likewise. I walked backwards towards the bed, Henry following me not taking his eyes off me for a second.

I leaned up against the bed, completely naked only wearing his necklace, which was hanging low, just above my belly button. Henry's body language was easy to read. He was extremely turned on.

"Can I take a picture of you?" he asked, admiring me playing with my necklace. 

I bit my lip and nodded. 

He fumbled around for his phone and snapped a picture. Then he walked over to me and stood very close, without touching me. I stayed put in the same position and just locked eyes with him. He smirked at me, obviously knowing what that did to me. I retaliated by licking my lips and biting my bottom lip. I heard a little shift in his breathing, so I smirked at him. He squinted at me and pulled his t-shirt over his head, throwing it on the floor. Then he ran his hand through his hair and down his chest. That man, he literally just had to breathe near me, and I wanted to jump him. I pulled my hairband out and shook my hair, so it fell loose. I softly blew a strand of hair out of my face. His pupils were dilated; we were getting there. He looked down and let his hand glide down over his six-pack, unbuttoning his jeans and dropping them to the floor. Then he looked back up, and we were back at the staring contest. I did a stretch with both hands in the air and then placed my arms behind my back. In doing so, I pushed my chest out, making him drop his gaze to my breasts. He bit his lip and put his thumb in the lining of his boxers, gently pulling them down so he could step out of them. I changed my position, hugging myself and thereby pressing my breasts together.

"Ah fuck it", he exclaimed and pounced on me.