Episode 79 ''The Boy with the Answer'' Part 1

Comincia dall'inizio

Wendell had arrived as he takes a seat next to me and holds my hand comforting me as I accept it interwinding my fingers with his. Hodgins was next as he explains, "The suspect's steel-toed boots were also found in the storage locker." Taffet then asks, "This storage locker was found with information obtained illegally, wasn't it?" Cam then says, "We didn't know that at the time, Your Honor. We obtained a legal warrant to search the locker." "The fact that Agent Booth's brother gave you the lead didn't make you suspicious?" Temp then says, "He was an officer assigned to Homeland Security. We had no reason to question the information he provided."  Caroline then says, "The warrant was obtained without malice." Taffet then says, "That's irrelevant, Your Honor. Everything found in that storage locker should be dismissed." Caroline then says, "I submit that a warrant wasn't even necessary. Under precedent, of imminent danger, law authority had the duty to enter that storage locker without valid warrant. Agent Booth's and a very well-known and respected war veteran Dr. Venus Brennan lives were in danger." Taffet then says, "Imminent danger applies only if law enforcement hears a violent threat or struggle at the scene." The judge then says, "I'm sorry, Ms. Julian, but no matter how pure the intention the warrant was obtained illegally. Therefore, any and all evidence gathered during the search and seizure is inadmissible."

We were all disappointed as Taffet says, "Thank you, Your Honor." "This was not a personal favor, Ms. Taffet. I am restrained by the law. I'd like to move that all charges be dropped." Caroline then says, "You'd like that, wouldn't you? We still have dirt sample from the crime scene, the ransom tapes." "Your Honor, this is a waste of the court's time and the taxpayers' money." "If I lose, I'll send everyone a note of apology." The judge then says, "You aren't left with much, Ms. Julian. Are you sure you want to proceed?" Caroline takes a deep sigh turning around to think as she then looks at all of us as I give her a small nod as she makes her decision as she turns back to the judge confident, "Yes, Your Honor." "Okay. The charges stand. We're going to trial. Court is adjourned."

We all get up ready to leave as we then see Taffet smiling as Temp and I start making our way out of the seating as she comes over to us as she then says to Temp, "You're so brilliant Dr. Brennan. Why couldn't you find something as simple as the number?" Temp looks at her offended as I then chuckle making the two looks at me as I then look at Taffet with dead merciful eyes and a grinning smiling that never once wavers showing any emotions. I stare straight into her very own eyes which once showed her pride and victorines dimmer quickly into a look of terror and an agitation of not wanting to look at me. She looks at me as if I could see through her into her soul and read her just like a book as I answer her, "The pride you have to taunt my sister in a court like this is very amusing to me Heather. Your smart to know what you're doing is stupid, but what can I say, not everyone can stay both smart and prideful at the same time. They do say, 'The opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.' It's really a beautiful concept isn't it?" 

I chuckle some more sounding menacingly as my whole domineer didn't change as I then raise my hand indicating two fingers, "Second, you haven't even seen the full potential of this team, so be careful Heather and get ready for the hell life you're going to live in, because I promise I will make your life from now on a living hell in which you wished you were one of your own victims." Wendell could feel the tension not very good as he wraps his arms around me pulling me back as I kept my gaze at Taffet as Temp places a hand on my shoulder to make sure I don't do anything either as the guards grabbed her tugging her away, "Come on." They take her away as Booth comes to us seeing that something was happening as he asks us, "You two all right? What'd she say to you both?" Temp looks at him, "She said I missed some evidence." "Evidence?" I add beginning to calm down still in Wendell's arms, "She doesn't think we can find it." Thinking about it made me chuckle as they looked at me as I said, "I think I found a new game to play for a bit." Booth then says, "Let's get this ball of sadistic furry a cookie before she goes a-wire at all of us." The other nod agreeing feeling a bit frightened with my deminer right now."