Chapter Three | The Funeral

Weeks after the killings, I looked in the mirror and cleaned myself up and walked into the hall where the Funeral was held, I walked down the aisle and sat in between my parents. I looked up to see the pictures of Jaden and May, I turned to see their parents in tears.

Tears fell on my face as my Mom pulled me close to her, she kissed my head as I looked up at her "I fucked up,". She said nothing, I wiped my eyes as the Funeral ended, I walked outside following my parents "Alessia!" I heard someone yelling my name as I turned around to get slapped in the face "You killed them," she screamed, as the Mom stood in front of me sobbing.

"I'm sorry," I said gently to her but she was in her moment, "This family will get revenge," she yelled getting everyone's attention, I turned around and took a breath as she kept yelling things about my family, I turned back around "Alessia don't, baby," my Dad said pulling me back as  I walked over to her.

"Your son was a psychopath, he was the second most wanted man, your son was a rat. Your son was a rapist, your son is a monster," I yelled in her face making everyone hear my words.

She slapped me again as I turned to everyone "That man was a cruel bitch who didn't care about anyone other than money and he got his sister killed that night, not me. Mrs Santiago before you point fingers remember you learned that son of a bitch to do what he did, he was in debt with everyone in Mexico and I am so fucking sorry that I stuck up for myself because he has raped nearly every woman in Mexico and got away with it,". 

Everyone gasped and started to talk as I looked at the mother stepping back, my Dad grabbed my arm and pulled me into the car, the car ride was silent. Every word I said, was true. I and many young women have been in his acts and it was hard to come out about it. "Weren't you going to do that dinner tonight baby?" my Dad asked my Mom.

She shook her head as if their conversation was irrelevant "It's fine you know, is it okay if you drop me off in town?" I asked.

"Sure Ali," my Dad replied.

After being sat in the car, I finally was able to have some peace while walking in town as I see Elliot outside smoking, I walked over with a smile "Ell!" he put his arms out as I hugged him tightly "How was the funeral?" he asked.

I exhaled and said "Eventful," I sat down next to him, and he passed me a cigarette as I started to smoke, I checked my phone and looked at the email that Sam sent me which I forgot about, I saw the picture of the new agent, I smirked "I better get going to Ell," I stood up and smiled, walking into town, I decided to head a different way to be alone from everyone.

I wasn't watching where I was going as I smacked into someone "Sorry," he said looking at me as I looked at him, his eyes lightened up as I smiled, and I walked away, he coughed to get my attention "Sorry that I murdered your case," I smirked as he glared at me, he walked over to me, he stood in front of me, about a few inches taller than me. This man was majestic, I can't lie even if I don't like him, his whole facial structure was beautiful, a man who was just appealing in any women's eyes.

"It's nice to meet you, Alessia is it? Or did I get the wrong sister?" he asked as I shook my head "Nice to meet you too, and you are?" I questioned.

"Flores," he looked me up then down.

"Hm, last names very professional,".

"I will cut to the chase, you are an amazing killer in Mexico City, most wanted in fact and you know what I need someone like you for my team, what about I interview you, you get the job and then I can take you on a date to a fancy restaurant," he pulled out a cigarette and just looked in my eyes.

I laughed "What the fuck! What kind of an agent are you?" he kept looking at me, keeping eye contact.

"I rather be with my parents than with an agent who can't even do his job right, I mean the person you were working on got killed, still sorry about that. And you want to take me on a date? You could have every woman in the world, and you want me? Or do you want me so you can easily arrest me, I mean we are in the shadows right now, I could easily kill you, but as I said that's easy," I smiled continuing to watch him.

"You are playing a risky game," he puts his hands in his pockets.

"Haven't you heard of me?" I smirked.

"I heard your speech today at the funeral Miss Raven, it was quite impressive," I raised my eyebrow.

"Are you stalking me?"

"No, the family invited me,".

"How? You were hoping to arrest Jaden,".

"I was fucking the sister before you killed her,".

I laughed "Fair play, she was hot," I said sarcastically. "If you don't mind, I need to get going,". I started to walk away as he watched me in the shadows "Also about your offer, it's a no,".

~ Flore's POV~

I watched her walk away, for the first time seeing her in front of me, she was stunning, my offer was true, if I got rid of her the family business would decay. If it wasn't for Alessia that family wouldn't be there, Alessia is the money. And I want that gone.

I started a phone call "Did you find anything in his office? No? Fine, I will do it my fucking way," I said, hanging up.