Chapter 68: Murders and relationships

The smell of musk colliding with the rain made everything romantic that night. Even though Christmas had been three days past, the rain had already made its appearance making us hope for a sad rainy New Year's Eve. Not that the family cared all that much, having a good roof over their heads and a new couple among them. Sana and Tzuyu were officially engaged becoming the number one gossip article for Nayeon and Jihyo. They've only been talking about this for days. Though Sana asked to stop, her mother chimed in and encouraged the two girls to continue. Tzuyu wasn't interested that much, she sometimes felt strange that they talked about her and Sana as a couple but at the same time this new feeling made her happy. She now she could care about Sana without her being called weird or overprotective in no sense, now she had a motivation and could be used anywhere and with anyone to make Sana of her for all intents and purposes. The Omega, in addition to trying to keep the mouths of her friends closed, worried about Tzuyu who now cutely seemed more clingy than before with her gentle ways. She wanted to tell him something but, as frustrating as they could sometimes be being rather clingy, the fact that she had so much attention made her really happy and satisfied to have an Alpha like Tzuyu, so in the end she never said anything to him, allowing herself to be charmed and admired by the Alpha who was the bearer of free compliments in everything she did. Now sitting on the sofa close together to feel some heat to warm up, they watched a movie quietly. Sana sometimes turned to look at the Alpha concentrated on seeing the film, she marveled, still sometimes she couldn't believe that she could say that she owned Chou Tzuyu as an Alpha, a charming Alpha who conquered, many times without even realizing it, anyone with a look, even if cold and detached, or with her calm, but also deep and reassuring voice. Tzuyu was having fun instead of being with Sana. She sometimes thought about it and got carried away by reveries of hearing people call her after Sana's Alpha or saying that that cute Omega was from Tzuyu. Oh, she made her happy just thinking about her too. "Tzuyu, do you know what time it is?" Sana asked placing her hand on her Alpha's shoulder gently, "Almost eight," she answered automatically seeing her watch on her wrist. Sana nodded and dragged her hand across her Alpha's chest then rested her head on her shoulder. Nayeon and Jihyo had taken a happy photo of the couple's situation from a distance. "Oh, you can't understand how Dahyun will explode when I show it to him," Nayeon said with a final little yell for framing it like it was an unforgettable picture. Jihyo raised his eyebrow and then replied "We'll do it together and I'll record his reaction. Also don't forget about Chaeyoung and Miyeon" he concluded with a small mischievous smile making Nayeon even more excited thinking about the possible reaction of the three, "I bet one hundred won that Miyeon will faint just seeing the photo" announced Nayeon greedily betting some money. Jihyo didn't raise her knowing how much Omega was a liar, "Minnie will kill us if she sees how we have reduced her fiancée" Jihyo replied taking Nayeon's phone and then sending it to herself, "I will take the consequences and also the responsibility, I won't make him commit a double murder, only one is fine. Also, didn't Lia say that the two would never get engaged? You should show it to her, his hair will fall out at the mere news" he commented laughing Remembering Jihyo talking about his friend Lia and his skepticism towards the two's future relationship, "If I do, there will be two murders in the corridors of the Institute" said Jihyo making Nayeons laugh frantically knowing how wild Lia's Alpha was, as well as Yeji. She remembered in that instant last year's episode on the Alpha: even though Yeji wasn't engaged to the Omega yet, as soon as the latter was teased by a group of Betas, the Alpha knocked out all five Betas in less than ten minutes as if they were nothing but trash. Nayeon was the spectator in that frantic brawl together with Jihyo and she saw how intensely the Betas of that group of bullies cried asking on their knees not to be beaten again. "I feel a little sorry for them," Jihyo said wiping away the tears caused by her laughter with the back of her hand, "They deserved it! Feel how they teased her!" Nayeon replied seriously, making Jihyo aware of her friend's past situation and agreeing with the Omega. Luckily now Lia was more than protected having that Alpha never again having a rude joke about her appearance resembling that of a foreigner or about her behavior being a little difficult to understand. "When will you have an Alpha, Nayeon?" Jihyo asked curiously making her friend immediately nervous. She blushed her cheeks quickly then bit her lip for fear of her "Don't intrude. You aren't already with someone?" she asked back a little defensively, "I'm dating someone actually. It's not official yet but we're getting to know each other" she automatically replied picking up his friend's phone once again and scrolling through his most frequent contacts, "How come you texted with Jeongyeon? Didn't you say you hate her?" she asked showing the chat casually having suffered a bad reaction from the Omega who picked up the phone before the Beta could see her messages. "She texted me first to find out about Tzuyu" the friend lied shamelessly making the Beta laugh. "About what, let's hear," Jihyo suddenly said making Nayeon even more nervous not wanting to extend her lie, "She wanted to surprise him," she said a little hesitantly, "About what?" "I don't know," Nayeon replied before she could finish the question. Jihyo raised her eyebrows a little skeptically as she threw herself on the kitchen chair with boredom. Mrs. Minatozaki had been watching them the whole time as she cut up some tomatoes to cook as a side dish for tomorrow's lunch. Even though she was Japanese, like Sana herself, she could speak Korean too and she also conducted it too with the laughter of the two girls she managed to understand him. Jihyo called the lady and then said in a friendly way "Mrs. Minatozaki, you know Jeongyeon, don't you?", the lady immediately smiled and nodded happily "Of course I know her. I even talked to her. She was with Momo, the other Alpha, they were both keeping company with Sana at the hall of the Institute. The driver unfortunately couldn't come for a family problem, so I went to pick her up and you'll talk to them for a few minutes. Jeongyeon was so kind and nice tica, Momo too" said Mrs. Minatozaki softly, "You know ma'am, Nayeon and Jeongyeon always fight. But in the end they love each other, they write to each other a lot on the phone..." before she could say anything else Nayeon closed her friend's mouth, "It's not love, it's a hate that will persist forever" the Omega commented furiously. Mrs. Minatozaki shook her head in amusement upon hearing the Omega's words. She waited for things to calm down so she could ask to go to sleep since it was already late.