Chapter 7: A missed opportunity

With yet another day of handouts coming, Jihyo, the Beta representing the student council, printed out millions of handouts with the big words 'School Prom Night' on them. Every year the school, under the idea of ​​one of the student council betas, prepared an internally organized evening for dances and couple prize games. In the end it was a kind of evening for couples and for those who were formed on that same evening. Jihyo, being the head of the student council, had orders to prepare the leaflets and flyers and, boringly, also distribute them. The other Betas on the board had divided up the work of promoting the dance, always full of success, and in fact half of them had positioned themselves with a table at the entrance to the school and in the school playground. But for some strange reason he found the great Chou Tzuyu, Alpha head of the Institute, standing in front of his door meanwhile holding the leaflets lined up in his hands. "Oh, hi," Jihyo said in surprise, Tzuyu scrutinized her as if he was looking for another flaw in her awkward gait from that weight on her arms and feet awkwardly forward of her leaflet-carrying hands. "Do you want a hand?" Tzuyu asked offering his two hands forward to get all those flyers, Jihyo smiled for the good deed that Alpha wanted to do but shook his head, "I don't want to make you tire yourself for something that is my responsibility... And then you don't have lessons?" Jihyo asked in turn while the Alpha shook his head in denial "The professor isn't here today. I wanted to lend a hand to occupy some of my time" he said then forcing the Beta to take their hands off those flyers. Tzuyu put them on his hands and started to stand behind Jihyo as the latter took a step forward to try to get them back. Her real goal was to meet Sana in the distribution of flyers. She knew that Sana and Jihyo were friends, and therefore one of the flyers would definitely go to Sana's hands. But she unaware she didn't know that the flyers she was distributing were only for the two ranks of Alphas and Omegas and that the last people who would have the remaining flyers would be her friends. So Tzuyu had to wait for all those flyers on her hands to disappear before reaching Sana. With a defeated sigh he understood Jihyo's intention when she started on the side of the Alphas. Distribution was easy even if some of them persisted in not taking them and others in wiping their mouths with them. Tzuyu wanted to yell at him and say that those flyers had cost a lot both for the school, for Jihyo's time making them and for the waste it had been in destroying so many trees for one sheet. But they were Alpha idiots; as her mother said, not all Alphas are born with a brain. "How come you want to help out? Are your friends in class?" Jihyo asked as she continued handing out the papers to the Alphas in the corridors. It was almost the end of class, the break would start shortly, but the Alphas were rather impatient and preferred to drop out early in the lessons. Jihyo had planned everything for this, and furthermore she realized that the flyers he was distributing now were taken by most of them seeing that Tzuyu, behind her, was carrying them. Knowing that Big Chief Alpha goes so far over flyers is absolutely important to them. So as soon as they got rid of the ranks of the Alphas, the pause began to appear in the row of Omegas, who on their side, cut in half by a glass wall to divide the two species in the large corridors, were already starting to chat frantically about what they were going to do. The Omegas were much more lively and boisterous in the hours of break unlike the Alphas, they were free to do what they wanted in their part and therefore they felt more comfortable making people understand and feel what they really were. Tzuyu was happy about it; seeing that even the Omegas felt like themselves at least during the break gave him some happiness in being kind and at the same time understanding about the choice of the divider. He understood its importance even when he saw Sana laughing in the Omega class, seeing Sana laughing had been a show and seeing him in the front row next to her was different: her gaze became shy and her hands hid under her legs. He discouraged her to see that difference between the two of them, especially when some Omegas even had the courage to speak to him although the only person she wanted to listen to, even for her laughter, was Sana. "How come she is she with you?" she asked an Omega with straight brown hair flowing straight down her back, "I asked already. the Omega who was now walking next to Jihyo asked once again, "Bingo. You're really good at guessing things, Lia" she replied sarcastically, making Lia laugh a bit at her stupid comment. "Aren't you with Yeji?" Jihyo asked looking behind. Normally the Alpha showed up right after hearing the school bell. Lia shrugged and shook her head, "She's furious. She says she doesn't want to see me right now...." Lia said, "Why?" Jihyo asked in turn, "Ryujin. He was towing me and I gave us a hard time. Yeji got angry" she concluded embarrassed, "Stupid" she murmured with an amused smile while Lia was called by another Omega, "I'm going Jihyo. See you" she announced leaving the two alone. "Does your friend like having more Alphas?" Tzuyu asked unaware of the situation, "No. He just wants to make Yeji jealous even if he's her Alpha. They've been together for a month and immediately she tries to annoy her, she's really silly yet Yeji is so kind and cute" Jihyo said playfully though he gave reassuring looks to the Omegas who were taking the flyers. "The Omegas take flyers more seriously. They want to have an Alpha...And you," Jihyo declared as he whispered the last sentence to keep the word that completed the sentence a secret. He internally laughed when he saw Tzuyu dragging her eyes to Sana smiling cutely at Dahyun laughing at a joke Nayeon made. Jihyo felt Tzuyu's aroma surround the air, but her serious expression made it all seem unexpected and improbable of her. Jihyo wrinkled his nose at the aroma so strong that he suddenly started to stink, then disappeared all of a sudden when Nayeon made a gentle gesture with her hand to make her come. "Jihyo! Jihyo! Where are you going around here?" Nayeon jokingly said grabbing her shoulders wrapping her arm around her neck, "I distribute leaflets. Tzuyu gives me a hand" Jihyo said "I think he gives you two arms" Dahyun replied making Sana laugh secretly as she hid her small laugh between her hands. Tzuyu looked at her interested and suppressed a half smile for a second, Nayeon opened her eyes as if a bullet had gone to his heart. Jihyo closed her mouth, "Here" she said quickly giving three leaflets to Dahyun who was trying not to smile again mischievously for the earlier scene. "Come on Tzuyu," Jihyo said tugging at the Alpha's arm still in the quest to see Sana's smile. As the girl hid her lips with her hands, Tzuyu twisted her neck as far as she could to stare at her a little longer. She had to deserve it! She had stood more than an hour hoping to find Sana with her thin but cute laugh, and now Jihyo was kicking her out of that place. But in the end she was glad that she had at least seen her for a while, and then Nayeon and Dahyun were looking at her more amused than other times. Maybe seeing her with Jihyo dragging her somewhere else brought laughter and playful smiles to the two.