Chapter 29: A not entirely direct statement

Weeks passed, more useless weeks, from the meeting with Sana's cousins. Soon another exam would be over and the prom would open. As to be respected, every Alpha or Beta, whoever it is, had to ask her loved one or her loved one to come to the dance as it should be done. It was a school tradition that was passed down from generation to generation. After all, everyone was anxious about the school dance, especially those from the drama clubs who, after the dance, would have to devote double their time to the scenes since a week later, before the school is closed, they would have to bring their acting and obviously also that of the UST Institute, which is the enemy of those in the drama club, to the stage. But for now, one thought of the ball and the love letters that were scattered in the corridors to invite one's soul mate. Not for that, the calm Tzuyu was pondering how to invite Sana to the dance, without getting a nasty response or a sudden rejection. She had many choices but she knew that if she did it in public she would be embarrassed by running quickly somewhere to hide. But even their intimacy didn't prevail: Sana became more nervous than other times and answered with strange stammers almost as if she wanted to satisfy whatever she said. In one way she was fine, but she wanted it to be spontaneous for Sana to say yes. And as if they were thinking the same thing, Nayeon suddenly asked Sana if she had any request from Tzuyu but after locking her locker she shook her head in denial. "Tzuyu has many admirers, they must have captured her and forced her to go with them" Nayeon made a small joke causing a small laugh in Dahyun who was reading something about a science book. "But Tzuyu hates sticky Omegas mostly she's strong, she would have knocked them down in less than a second" Chaeyoung said looking at the mirror of the locker putting another dab of lipstick on the tip of her lips. "Why don't you ask him?" Nayeon asked seeing Sana become anxious after this little dialogue about Tzuyu and her admirers. "I'm afraid she'll reject me... It's rather peculiar" Sana said in a whisper, while Dahyun laughed again "But if she always says yes to you" suddenly said the same Omega who was laughing closing the book and throwing it into the shoulder bag she had on her shoulder lazily. "Because you always say this! You don't know Tzuyu's true feelings," he said healthy seriously on this speech while the three Omega turned simultaneously towards the girl who now silent looked down towards his shoes, "I think we know them better than you" he replied with a mischievous smile Nayeon "True, resigned. Go to tell him" he added Chaeyoung and then dismantling the rose. locker by throwing it inside before closing the padlock. "Trying doesn't kill," Dahyun replied wisely as he stuck a finger in the air and closed his eyes softly. Nayeon rolled her eyes as she saw that Sana was listening intently to the young Omega's words. "Besides, do you three already have an escort?" Sana asked curiously, "Obviously" said Dahyun thinking about Momo that he had asked to go to prom with her a thousand times over all those years and now they could go together as a real couple. He nodded after which Chaeyoung who as always went with Mina to the prom every year that the school organized this event. Well, it was different for Nayeon and Sana: sometimes Nayeon found someone to go with and sometimes she went with other friends of hers but she had never allowed herself to go with a chaperone who was hers and also her boyfriend. Unlike Sana, who had never gone to a school dance, and who was now considering whether she really had the opportunity and the desire to go: after everything that had happened in previous years, she had always been afraid to go to a school dance. The Alphas were more and the crowd muffled all the sounds with music, even those of the fireworks that the Betas fired off at midnight to celebrate the upcoming Christmas holidays in a week at the end of school. Going to that party wasn't something Sana primarily interested in, in fact she preferred not to go. "Actually, I wish he wouldn't ask..." Sana whispered about her causing her friends to alarm, "What! Why on earth, were you so sure Tzuyu would ask you?" Nayeon asked with a raised eyebrow. As if it were fate, the Alpha in question was in the corridors, and to better understand the meaning of his name within that more than exclamatory sentence, he secretly placed himself behind a group of Beta and Omega, leaning slowly on some lockers so as not to pass strange. "You know I hate parties... There's going to be a lot of people and I hate this most of all," Sana said scratching her forearm as her eyes dropped to the ground once more. "It's a new experience, you have to try," Chaeyoung said by making a kind smile while her hand melted her shoulder amicably, "I know that someone will probably ask me to come like every year and I will refuse as always, but if Tzuyu will ask me I will not be able to tell me no; I am in the end I like to be with her, but ..." You are afraid, I understand. On the creepy of healthy hair creepy. Tzuyu was a little uncertain about the speech given by the Omegas, but she basically understood that Sana didn't have the slightest desire to go to that school dance, and if she would have asked her she would have only shook her head as a sign of positivity and resigned herself to expressing her true opinion. Of course it would have been selfish to ask him, but Tzuyu knew well that Sana's happiness was much more important than the stupid dance. She could do what she wanted and do what happened at the prom even in a supermarket or at her house. Come to think of it, she could have taken the Omega out on the same day the dance would have opened. She left the hallway, wandering through the Alphas' lockers and stopping directly next to hers, twirling the locker keys in her fingers. She whistled a little unconsciously having a new plan with her: the positivity of this plan was you have Sana for yourself, without crowds and without parents.

"I'll go first... The professor asked me to take this to the staff room" Sana said showing the two Omegas, Nayeon and Miyeon, the papers grouped together by a paper clip together with an apologetic smile. The two nodded, understanding the teacher's need. She walked down the corridors happily, knowing that by this time her students were all either out in the courtyards or already in their homes. How come? Sana volunteered like every year, like this time too. Nayeon and Miyeon had already made their presence available several times for these volunteers that Sana also did, so that she would not feel alone or that she could be maliciously teased by others. With a smile on her lips and with joyful hops, she walked towards the staff room glimpsing the open door that the teacher had specially left for her, even if she herself knew that inside the room there were other teachers, few, but there were. With her eyes narrowed she took another gentle hop and turning down the corridor she bumped into someone. She fell to the ground with a small thud as her papers scattered in front of her feet. "Sana did you hurt yourself?" she asked worriedly the voice so common and familiar. Sana looked up feeling so lucky to meet Tzuyu right now. The two were at the same height, but as much as Tzuyu could try to stay at the same height as Sana slowly kneeling down towards her, a few centimeters of difference was visible love regardless of which perspective of her you looked at. "It's alright... Excuse me" Sana said shyly making her sweet happy smile disappear, making her little hands sweaty and her downcast eyes sadly turned towards her shoes. "Excuse you? Sana was my fault... I didn't look where I was going, forgive me. I hurt you" Tzuyu said unconsciously touching Sana's hands gently while with another she gathered the papers to one side and put the paper clip in her pocket. "That's not true... I wasn't looking because..." "Because you were happy? I saw you hopping cutely through the corridors..." the Alpha interrupted as he gathered the papers neatly by removing his hand from Sana's and taking the paper clip from his pocket. She closed the collection of papers quickly, looking softly at Sana who was now blushing for having been caught in her moment of happiness "How did you see me?" Sana asked getting help from Tzuyu to get up, "I've seen you secretly. I like seeing you like this, you're happy" the Alpha said once again. These days Tzuyu seemed quite calm and kind, of course she always had been, but she no longer had that detached monotonous tone that sent shivers down her spine, she was no more sweet and reassuring without her cool, serious voice. "Why are you here?" Sana asked still trying to take those sheets but Tzuyu offered to keep them and take them together to the staff room, since the name of the Italian teacher was written on the sheet, understanding the reason for this meeting between the two of them. Tzuyu was this way since she had the extra physical education classes with her advanced bow courses. She had just washed and cleaned herself up to go to Sana's house to ask him something that she had been thinking about for the rest of the day intensely, but having her here now was real luck. "Miss Chou? Miss Minatozaki?" asked a professor peeping in the door smiling brightly with his metal gray mustache. The man in his fifties smiled with amusement at the skit of the cynical Alpha and the shy Omega. "Professor.." Sana said shyly trying to say something more but Tzuyu's eyes observed her from head to toe like a robot ready to go, "Here you are, professor... They are some papers that Professor Yoon asked Sana to bring. She had forgotten the latter in class" Tzuyu said approaching the man offering him the collected papers. "Thank you Sana, kind as always. You can go, don't go around the school please" said the same man taking the papers and looking at them quickly, "Good bye and good day professor" said Tzuyu taking Sana by the shoulder and taking her with him out of the corridors and from the lively and playful eyes of the professor. She rooted for those two obsessively, now on.