Chapter 9: More decisions to make

The locker clanged open like its end, which was immediately slammed by Chaeyoung's quick hand. Nayeon next to her smiled awkwardly, her smile was more mischievous than usual, but this time the news given by Sana made her laugh too much. Not that it was anything funny but her desperation made it weirder and easier to joke about that news. She already had thoughts in her mind that Sana unfortunately never understood and still doesn't understand, which made Sana's final statement seem more and more silly. "Did they cast you as Desdemona in Othello, just because Tzuyu protected you?" asked Dahyun next to her who was holding two books for her while Sana was fixing her hair and trying to have a peaceful conversation without Nayeon's laughter below her. "She told Shuhua that Tzuyu seemed less expressionless than usual. Since I owe her a favor, she made me do it," she declared annoyed though she knew she owed Omega something. "Strange that she made such a scene. It's really not like her," Chaeyoung said as he punched Nayeon on the shoulder to make her stop even though the Omega continued to laugh frantically under her hands covering her lips. "Did you thank her? It's not the first time you've found yourself in these cases, you were lucky that Tzuyu was there" convinced Dahyun seeing Sana slowly get embarrassed. She had this penchant for talking to Alphas. She found herself strange and insecure. She was mostly afraid; it was above all for a series of experiences she had in the past and which are still running through her life today. Some would like to have Sana's physique, many Omegas envy her body with their obsessed eyes full of venom as if they wanted to burn her body so as not to attract any Alphas, but the point was that Sana didn't want to attract Alphas either. They were violent and when they wanted something they didn't dare to hear a denial in an answer. Knowing that this persisted to this day made her afraid to talk to anyone of that sort. Seeing Sana talk to an Alpha was hardly common, the only people who were of that same species that she spoke to us in short sentences, still with tremors in her lips, were the three Alphas who were obsessed with her friends. Knowing that she had had the courage to speak to Tzuyu was miraculously impossible. That Alpha found him different from the others, he seemed gentle and calm. He'd never raised his voice or raised a hand against anyone, well only that old Alpha boss, but he'd never wanted to if it weren't for the threats from his comrades. Tzuyu was, as Sana understood, a different person from the others, quite simple but rare at the same time; he didn't have that typical temper that all Alphas had and he made an area comfortable in the blink of an eye even if those strange icy gazes pointed to your soul, his firm demeanor but at the same time ready for anything made that person more protected. Sana was afraid of her, but when she was near her unconsciously she gave off her aroma more intensely than other times, as if she wanted to warn him of her presence. That's why as soon as Nayeon gave her another laugh and told her that she would never have the courage to talk to Tzuyu, she felt quite down. She wanted to thank the Alpha but she was too afraid to. "You're really hateful when you do that! You discourage her even more" Dahyun commented tenderly stroking Sana's back that was slowly bending over from Nayeon's answer. She sighed wearily as if she had been too nice to her joke and Sana had been too dramatic. "You should. Tzuyu doesn't eat you, she's so nice," Chaeyoung said to Sana as he gave a sincere smile. As far as he understood, Chaeyoung knew a lot about Tzuyu through his Alpha. For example, he knew that Tzuyu did not only karate but also fencing and his height was enormous unlike his family, and he had never had an Omega with him that he had marked or declared his girlfriend. "She also never says anything, surely she will say that you don't have to worry and that you have to be fine..." Dahyun answered shrugging his shoulders imagining Tzuyu's hypothetical words. "Worry that this fool forgot to sleep again?" Jeongyeon asked, popping up from behind and ruffling Nayeon's hair. She snorted again thinking and wondering why everything happened to her, while Dahyun hated Momo's presence but the latter worshiped her like a goddess, like now that she was immediately catapulted behind Dahyun's back squeezing and massaging his shoulders slowly and carefully. It was the only thing Dahyun appreciated when Momo came about her: that she would give her a good massage. Sana tried to hide behind her Chaeyoung but her Mina dragged her under her arm caressing his cheek cutely. "Tzuyu isn't here?" Dahyun asked knowing that Sana would hide all the time if she didn't know. "She's from Shuhua. She had something to do..." Mina replied, arching her eyebrows expectantly. She wondered why Dahyun cared about Tzuyu, but her expression quickly changed as Sana stood upright among the small group. "Why are you interested?" Momo asked, "I ask that every time. I'm just curious" Dahyun replied frantically touching Sana's back once more, "You never ask about me, huh?" Momo murmured unhappily, although she had those two amused faces in front of her of her two friends. Sana was relieved it wasn't about her and Tzuyu but Mina let her know that her concern would fade for a while. "Do you want me to call her?" Mina asked gently, laughing seeing little Sana take refuge next to Dahyun who had pushed Momo furiously, who continued to protest for her attention. "Don't overexert yourself honey. Spend some time with me" Chaeyoung said tightening the grip of his shirt uniform and placing his nose in Mina's neck who kept looking at the shy Sana, "Hmm, I get it, love. Shall we go get you some juice?" Mina asked cutely, sensing that that happy smile of hers, from Chaeyoung, called the yes of her strawberry juice. "You can't do this all the time now... Conquer your fear" Dahyun said, a frowning Momo approached Sana as if she wanted to pin her next to a locker, "What's wrong? Has anyone done anything to you?" she asked even though it didn't seem from her voice and her behavior, Momo was worried about her. "Tzuyu defended her from some Alphas. She wants to thank her but she's afraid of her," she answered summarizing everything. Momo smiled and then laughed putting her hands behind her neck as if she was looking at the clouds lying on the ceiling of the school, "You can tell him anything you want. Anything you say to her will always be wonderful" she replied walking towards Jeongyeon making a sign for him to go away to leave them alone, "See you rabbit" she said as a farewell Jeongyeon making Omega even more infuriated. Why did everyone think that Tzuyu would talk to her normally and accept her thanks? Who were they to decide Tzuyu's choice? She could also be angry at the parts that were changed in the play and she could also be enraged at the act of violence she had to do to those two of hers because of her, even though she did nothing. She had to face reality and choose between the truth or the lies she told herself to give reasons for her fears.