Chapter 12

The torunament

The torunament.

My team: Gavino, Carlo and Noemi.

We were fucked.

We would lose.

But I'm a winner person so I couldn't let that happen.

I put on a pair of biker short and a top and walked downstairs. The tournament was starting at 10 and it was 9 so I was going to eat breakfast and then talk to Noemi about a strategy.

We didn't know the competitions but we still needed to talk about a strategy.

I entered the kitchen and Samuel was sitting at the dining table with Viviana. They were probably discussing a strategy too.

I made myself a sandwich as they were quietly whispering. I tried to listen and I picked up on something. "Her weak spot is him," Samuel whispered and I frowned.

Her weak spot is him?

I sat down next to them and they became quiet.

"Her weak spot is him?" I asked and Samuel stiffened.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Samuel was such a bad liar.

"Bullshit."

Noemi walked into the kitchen and I stood up. "Let's go," I told her and she nodded.

~~~~

It was very hard to come up with a strategy when you didn't know what you were competing in. So we didn't really have a strategy but here we were.

Everyone was standing in their teams waiting for Luca and Hugo to explain the different courses.

Luca cleared his throat and stepped in front of everyone. "Welcome everyone to today's tournament! The first course is called: Balance a tray. You're supposed to balance a tray containing a fork, knife, plate and glass on your arm without holding it just laying it on your hand. Then you are supposed to go an obstacle course with this without dropping anything. There will be judges everywhere to see if you cheat and then Hugo will check if you have all of the things on their tray when they are at the finish line. When one person is finished the other person in the team takes the tray and does the same thing. When everyone in the team has completed the course you have won. You can now decide which order, the competition starts in 5 minutes," Luca explained and I turned to my team.

"Carlo, your first," I said and he sighed.

"Yeah, because it's easier to make up for lost time than to lose time," Gavino said and turned to me. "You're next. We need to catch up on as much time as possible and I'm not as smooth as you. Then me, and then Noemi."

"Sounds good," Noemi said and I nodded.

After 5 minutes Luca blew the whistle and the competition started. Carlo was careful but slow. He didn't drop anything but we were next to last. The other teams started with, Cecilia, Nino and Laia. Cecilia was last and Laia was first. Carlos time was 1 minute and 30 seconds.