Chapter 2

Fuck! Fuckity fuck fuck! This was so bad! Ugh

I sighed loudly and put my phone down. I could just see the smirk on Gavino's face even though I wasn't even looking at him. I knew he wasn't happy about it either but seeing me unhappy must be making it better for him!

"Who'd you get?" my brother whispered and I turned my attention to him.

"Gavino, you?" I asked and he showed me his phone.

Ilara Accetta

"I've heard that she is tough," I said and my brother scoffed.

"Believe me she is more than tough," he responded and I raised my eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing," I simply spoke and he rolled his eyes.

Everyone continued eating after that but I wasn't hungry anymore so I left the table. I went into my room and changed into something more comfy I decided on a pair of pyjama pants and an oversized shirt. I then climbed into my bed and grabbed my laptop.

I wanted to find a good movie to watch. I clicked on Disney+ and scrolled around. I eventually decided on Raya and the last dragon. Right when the movie began someone knocked on my door.

"Yes," I responded confused. Who would want to talk to me now? But when the door swung open and closed shut with force I knew who and why.

It was my best friends Alba and Miranda. They sat down next to me on the bed and I just knew that this conversation was going to go on for a long time. I had been friends with Alba and Miranda for a long time. We practically grew up together because both of their parents are in the mafia too.

There was a period when we were young teens when we didn't hang out as much because I had other friends from my school and we just didn't get along that well. But no we were back to being great friends. I didn't tell them everything going on in my life but I had some stuff that I didn't  tell anyone so it wasn't something personal.

"Who'd you get?" Miranda asked and I paused my movie.

"I got Gavino, you?" I said back and Miranda smiled.

"I got Manuele," she spoke and I raised my eyebrows.

"Wow really that's so great!" I exclaimed and smiled.

Miranda had pretty much always liked Manuele since the first time she spoke to him. Which was a year ago so it isn't really that much time. But she hasn't even dared to go and speak to him normally she's so afraid. Miranda is a year odler than me and Alba so she joined the mafia last year.

That's why now that Alba and me are in the mafia we are going to do everything do get Miranda and Manuele together. This wasn't our doing but it sure was great.

"But I probably won't even be able to speak with him," Miranda said and Alba smiled.

"Well, you have us now that we are old enough we can help you," Alba said and I nodded.